Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2023, 06:44 PM
Avid

Default Re: Control App controls not smooth at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmixer View Post
So how do I do it successfully? I gave a rundown of the exact procedure I did. Can you give me a step by step then? I defiantly added the line of code and saved the new file.
See the post above yours.
Old 08-22-2023, 03:36 AM

On a Mac you can download Xcode for free to edit the plist. I found this relatively straightforward except that I didn't really understand adding the
<string>0</string> command until I tried a couple times without success.
M1MAX Mac Studio OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, HDX, S1/Dock
M1 PRO MacBook Pro OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, BabyFacePro FS
Old 08-22-2023, 12:09 PM

OK, so I've messed around a lot. I went back to an original plist I saved and ran the code from Darryl Ramm. Seemed to take OK but when I added and then deleted a new track, I lost the S1 tablet displays. They're in the same state as when Eucon is running but Pro Tools is closed. They'll come back if you quit and the open the Control App on each tablet but that's a pain. I gave up and reinstalled Eucon 22.6 from scratch. Everything is working OK on my system that way. The glitchy panner problem went away when I realized the iPad had switched to wi-fi. Doh! I don't know why this happens. It's like the people who write in and say their iPad did an automatic update when they thought had that turned off and now they have a mismatch. One has to be so diligent about how things are set all the time. Anyway, the Control App running on my dock is super speedy now with the panning working fine. The S1's are working fine and are very responsive, so it's just the things that are on wi-fi. I'm going to wait for an official fix at this point since my system is OK for now. Thanks all.

Last edited by filmixer; 08-22-2023 at 06:23 PM.
Old 08-22-2023, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Russell View Post
On a Mac you can download Xcode for free to edit the plist. I found this relatively straightforward except that I didn't really understand adding the
<string>0</string> command until I tried a couple times without success.
Downloading all of bloated XCode and installing it on a production system just to do this is really not necessary. I gave an easy one line method using the PListBuddy utility that comes standard in macOS a few posts earlier.