Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2015, 01:28 AM

Default Re: No Cost Student PT12 Upgrades (4 Year Plan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlackey View Post
I'm still waiting as well. I didn't receive my upgrade to PT11 until about 2 months after the release. I imagine this is partly because of the amount of upgrades they have to process... but the cynic in me thinks that it's mainly because they want people to forget that they're guaranteed an upgrade, forcing them to buy it before sending out the upgrade codes.
Avid does have previous on this. Back when PT9 came out, I was told by both Avid UK and Avid US that educational licences and upgrades would only be available in the US and Canada. At that time I had a student licence bought through the old Digidesign Education Store, which I was given access to through taking Pro Tools 101 and 110 courses.

So I bought a standard upgrade to PT9. Then, two months later, Avid introduced Student licensing for the rest of the world. I complained, and a guy from Avid UK promised to look into it. Despite me chasing it up several times however, I never got any recompense.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 04-23-2015, 01:55 AM

Pt12 showed up today in my "products not yet downloaded" section today. When I try to download Pro tools 12 no charge ug for students it asks me for my ilok account and after filling in I get error: "there are no qualifying upgrade products on this ilok account. Please try another ilok account".
Obviously I have given correct account name.
Strange thing, I remember when pt10 was upgraded to 11 there was code sent by email which has to be registered on account. This time it only appear as a download ? If so then this is not working for me because I have my pt11 on my account.
Can anyone explain that ? Btw my ilok is "romhey" in case anyone from avid would like to investigate.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:41 AM

Default Re: Where is my Pro Tools 12 Upgrade?

I seem to have the Pro Tools 12 upgrade in my account, but I can't download it. It shows up in Products Not Yet Downloaded, other downloads and it reads Pro Tools 12 No Charge UG for Students (Qty: 1) with a download link to the right. When I try downloading it sends me to another page, Avid Software Activation and Download it asks for iLok.com user ID, and I gladly enter it. It then tells me that "There are no qualifying upgrade products on this iLok account. Please try another iLok account ". Is this the same iLok user accout I use when accessing my iLok account directly from iLok's site? I have no problem signing in on their site or from the iLok License manager app on my desktop. Am I doing something wrong, and why is this overly complicated?
Old 04-23-2015, 09:55 AM

Well, I need this for class and I paid for this particular product. I don't accept excuses for waiting further.

I hope there is somebody from Avid around here, so they can at least provide me with a temporary license until they sort out the full one.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:37 AM

Well my free upgrade has arrived in the 'products not yet downloaded' section of my Avid Account.

When I try to download and enter my ilok id, I get an error message saying that there are no qualifying products in that ilok account and that I should try another account.

Oh well, its only taken a month to get this far. I suppose I was expecting too much that it would work, first time, once I got it.

I've raised a case with registration support. Now awaiting a response.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.heyman View Post
Pt12 showed up today in my "products not yet downloaded" section today. When I try to download Pro tools 12 no charge ug for students it asks me for my ilok account and after filling in I get error: "there are no qualifying upgrade products on this ilok account. Please try another ilok account".
Obviously I have given correct account name.
Strange thing, I remember when pt10 was upgraded to 11 there was code sent by email which has to be registered on account. This time it only appear as a download ? If so then this is not working for me because I have my pt11 on my account.
Can anyone explain that ? Btw my ilok is "romhey" in case anyone from avid would like to investigate.
Im having the same issue It shows up in my account once I click download it ask for ilok ID I enter it and it says "there are no qualifying upgrade products on this ilok account. Please try another ilok account". I only have 1 iLok and its the same one I use for my student upgrade before.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlj6619 View Post
I seem to have the Pro Tools 12 upgrade in my account, but I can't download it. It shows up in Products Not Yet Downloaded, other downloads and it reads Pro Tools 12 No Charge UG for Students (Qty: 1) with a download link to the right. When I try downloading it sends me to another page, Avid Software Activation and Download it asks for iLok.com user ID, and I gladly enter it. It then tells me that "There are no qualifying upgrade products on this iLok account. Please try another iLok account ". Is this the same iLok user accout I use when accessing my iLok account directly from iLok's site? I have no problem signing in on their site or from the iLok License manager app on my desktop. Am I doing something wrong, and why is this overly complicated?
I have the same problem, and I have definitely entered the correct ilok id. I have double checked my ilok account and the Pro Tools No Charge upgrade licences are shown there. The Pro Tools 12 no charge upgrade is an upgrade to that previous upgrade.

I've raised a case with registration support, and suggest you do the same.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:46 AM

Also, I entered my iLok account details to link it to my Avid account to see if that helped, but it does not. I still get the error.

So now I would like to disassociate my ilok id from my Avid account, so that it is not linked and Avid does not have my ilok id AND password.

But there appears to be no process for doing that. If I try to change the ilok id field to blank, I get an error message saying that it is an invalid ilok id.

Jeffro, could you please look into and advise how I go about getting my ilok account details removed from my Avid Account for linking purposes.

Last edited by jeffro; 04-23-2015 at 10:14 PM. Reason: http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2256589
Old 04-23-2015, 11:18 AM

Hi, i messed up and need help. I qualify for the free upgrade to 12, so followed the instructions and found the links to click so that the upgrade plan appears in my avid account with links to download PT12 which i did. Only problem there was no Licence activation code or link in my ilok account at all. Did some research and saw that i had to surrender my previous PT11 license to be able to activate PT12 and thinking that was the issue i promptly deactivated my PT11 license and still no PT12 license showed up. Now i have lost my PT11 license and no PT12 license too. Pls anyone can help me out.

Thnx

Last edited by jeffro; 04-23-2015 at 09:40 PM. Reason: http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2256585
Old 04-23-2015, 11:29 AM

Well, I got mine In my account as well and even got it successfully registered with my Ilock account. On the other hand, there is no download link in my account. After this rollout I will never complain about Steinberg support ever again.