Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2015, 11:46 AM

Default Re: No Cost Student PT12 Upgrades (4 Year Plan)

Still Waiting Also.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpitcairn View Post
Still waiting on mine too.

I was wondering. What's the upgrade path for when our 4 years are up? Can we upgrade to Pro Tools 13 Non EDU with our EDU licenses?
Upgrading should not a problem, except that there are still some outstanding unanswered issues.

See the first post in this thread ...

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=360401

Ai started it a while back, but these questions are still unanswered.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 04-11-2015, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Where is my Pro Tools 12 Upgrade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewChrist87 View Post
I don't mean to copy and paste this from the previous user, but I too have a Student License with 4 years upgrade from 2012. maybe even 2013, started with PT 10 and received the upgrade for PT 11, but have yet to receive the download link for PT 12 yet. Any news?

Thank you!
Edu upgrades are still being processed. Sorry I don't have a date to quote, but I did confirm you are registered.
Old 04-11-2015, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
Thanks to Jeffro I now have a support case open (my 4th ASC code - can't begin to fathom why this is, and why codes just stop working properly). I was offered a temp license to 12, for some reason or other the full licenses weren't available. The temp is to be migrated to a full license in time. I declined the temp, very nervous about putting myself in a situation where my permanent license is surrendered for a temporary one, even on a temporary basis. Given all the problems I'm having with endless ASC codes and I don't know how many support cases I now have pending, none of whose issues are resolved, I don't want to exchange any license until it definitively says "PT 10/11/12 HD permanent license". If the support goes wrong again, I could be without my livelihood if the temp license expires.

I just don't get what's going on here at all. Weeks after release, there seems no sign of a routine upgrade as promised. You have to complain here, get a support case set up, and even then (at least in my case) are only offered a temporary license because permanent aren't available. All for a release with no new features (I'm just treating 12.0 as 11.4, and hoping some of my glitches with 11.2.1 will go away).

And needless to say, no word, explanation or apology from Avid.
Hey noiseboyuk,

It's not that the perpetual licenses aren't available, but they are delivered as part of the 'package' with Upgrade Plan, System ID (replaces Avid Support Codes), updating your account data, etc. Obviously not rocket science, but data in multiple systems needs to be updated and synchronized.

The temp license provided does not require any surrender, so doesn't impact your existing perpetual license(s). No exchange needed, use it in addition to what you already have. No danger there in using it.

In the absence of details it's easy to assume the worst here, but the overwhelming majority of upgrades (other than EDU which are still in progress) have been processed successfully. It's really the minority here that were impacted by registration or account issues and we are working diligently to address those. I don't say that to minimize the impact on those affected, but just to provide some perspective.

I am very sorry for the impact this has had on you and others.
Old 04-11-2015, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioman1973 View Post
Thought I would post a second request since I haven't heard anything from my first one on page 63. I may not have had my email preferences set correctly the first time. Jeffro can you please check to see if anything has been entered for my PT12 upgrade? I get the message "system id already in use or invalid" when I try to do it myself. My original 90 day support code has expired. I upgraded Dec. 12, 2014 and I do have a system ID and a current ilok ID registered in my account. Thanks in advance for your help.
So sorry that we missed your previous post. I started a support case so please check your email.
Old 04-11-2015, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Yes, looks like your Edu upgrade is in queue. Did you register HD under the same name/email?
Yes. Thanks!
Old 04-11-2015, 03:38 PM

Add me to the list of not getting my student upgrade as well.
Old 04-11-2015, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw rec View Post
Yes. Thanks!
I checked using your community email address, and the name that returned in our system, and could not find any HD System or Software registered to you. I do however see it in your Avid and iLok accounts. I'll start a support case to get more info from you...
Old 04-11-2015, 04:33 PM

I forgot to mention that if Avid can confirm that you are eligible for an upgrade but your account has not been processed yet, you can request a temporary PT12 license until your account gets its full license.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Edu upgrades are still being processed. Sorry I don't have a date to quote, but I did confirm you are registered.
All I wanted to know is that I was able to get the free upgrade and you guys can take your time dishing out the downloads. Thank you very much for looking into that for me.