Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2020, 05:32 PM

Default Completely forgot how to monitor Spdif In on Avid Omni (Please Help)

Hello It has been so long since I have messed with my omni because everything has been great! Randomly, I noticed a weird buzzing noise coming from my omni the other night and reset it. Now I can't get it to play my spidf input anymore! WTF!!! I need it for referencing tracks using Itunes.

I swear it's easy to put back in the hardware setup menu but still I can't get sound anymore. It's plugged in exactly as I had it. So all that has happened was pro tools has been reset to mirror me resetting the device. Here is what I have it set to

I swear this is all I needed to do? What am I doing wrong?!!?! It's killing me
Old 12-31-2020, 05:38 AM

Default Re: Completely forgot how to monitor Spdif In on Avid Omni (Please Help)

Only thing I can think of is that since you have Rec/Input enable "Mutes Mixer" that you have a channel in your session with your SPDIF as input set to input monitor, but muted? I've done that myself a few times.

System 2: Pro Tools 23.9 (no Hardware), Mac OS 13.2.1, MBP (Macbook Air M2, 2022 24Gig Ram)
Old 01-02-2021, 06:30 AM

Default Re: Completely forgot how to monitor Spdif In on Avid Omni (Please Help)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim R. View Post
Only thing I can think of is that since you have Rec/Input enable "Mutes Mixer" that you have a channel in your session with your SPDIF as input set to input monitor, but muted? I've done that myself a few times.
ahhh you know whats messed up? It's taking the spdif in on channel 5/6 even though i set it to monitor digital spidif through input 1/2, check first pic i posted on first post. I just saw it right now, the meters are lighting up for input 5/6, it shouldn't be doing that... I don't know why its doing that. How do I fix that?