Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2003, 01:02 AM

Default ASIO or Wave Driver

Hello, I am using Sound Forge CD Architect on my Win XP Home Machine and I was wondering if it is possible to use either the wave driver or the ASIO driver to allow me to route the outputs from the program out to the 002 through the firewire cable, I assume Protools can't be running while doing this and the 002 would be in stand alone mode? I am currently using the built in sound card on my motherboard but there is a noticeable sound difference doing this. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-08-2003, 04:27 AM

Default Re: ASIO or Wave Driver

Hello. Well you can do this but you have to keep two things in mind. Sound Forge does not support ASIO, so that leaves only the Wave Driver as a choice. However, the Wave Driver and the ASIO driver can NOT be installed on the same system at the same time. The ASIO driver is a beta offering and this is one of the bugs it has. So this means that if you have the Wave Driver installed, you can open any software with the 002 as th I/O, but you are limited to 2 in and 2 out. With ASIO you would be able to use all 18 inputs and outputs in the 002. Good luck!
Old 06-08-2003, 10:40 AM

Thanks for the reply. Can I create multiple boot profiles and have one profile for each driver? This should be doable if the drivers show up in the device manager. Thanks
Old 06-08-2003, 01:14 PM

After installing the driver, I am getting a Direct I/O error. Any suggestions (be nice) [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2003, 03:51 AM

Hello. I don't know if you can do a dual boot and still have both drivers installed. The problem is with Digidesign's hardware not the computer's OS. I have to tell you I haven't tried this, so I don't know if it works. The Direct I/O error, is that after installing the Wave Driver or ASIO? That sounds like a Wave Driver issue. Both drivers can not be present in the same system. I am not sure what a dual boot system would do. I don't know that it would work, as they would both be using the same hardware. I believe you may have to call customer support on this one to see if you can do a dual boot. Good luck.
Old 06-09-2003, 07:15 AM

Froyo, thanks for the advice. The I/O error I got was from the wave deiver. I never tried the dual boot because I could not ever get the wave driver to work. The ASIO driver works fine but after spending yesterday afternoon trying to get the wave driver to work, I don't think it is going to work on my system. I can't confirm it but I think it could be related to my video card, I am using an All In Wonder 7500 and I think this thing might be messing thing up. It would be nice if this problem goes away in the new PT release.