Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2002, 07:59 AM

Default Sound Engineering

hello,
this might not be the perfect place for my question, but since there are a lot of professionals among you, I might as well give it a try [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I'm graduating this year (hopefully) as a trade engineer, and I would like to lear something more about sound engineering in July and August (just as a hobby).
Does somebody know where to find good tutorials or books concerning this subject. I don't mean something like "put the power on ...". I'm searching for a more technical source.

Thanks in advance,
Pieter
Old 06-08-2002, 08:40 AM

Default Re: Sound Engineering

The Sound Reinforcement Handbook, 2nd Edition, by Gary Davis and Ralph Jones published and distributed by Yamaha is an outstanding book and reference.

While it tends to focus more on live sound applications, its a very thorough examination of accoustical and electrical practices and theories... If you read this puppy and understand half of it, it will help you every step of the way in your engineering career or hobby...

Serious... It's a good book. I think Amazon has it... Musician's Friend carries it... Borders or Barnes and Noble... Guitar Center...

Best Wishes,
Sean
Old 06-08-2002, 09:19 AM

Default Re: Sound Engineering

Thanks for the quick reply [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
I'll check it out