Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2014, 06:19 AM

Default HDX 11.2 Crashes Whenever I Drag A Channel In Mix Window

Subject says it all.

Ever since 11.2 upgrade, moving a channel in the mix window causes an instant poof to the desktop. It was fun for the first 4 or 5 goes, after about 20 it started getting boring. Have sent many many crash logs via the 'Send to Avid' button, with emails and instructions to reproduce, but hear only silence.

Could be a plugin I suppose, but if it is, I've no idea which one. Anyone else seeing GUI flakiness since 11.2? Prior to that all was good here.

Jules
Old 08-08-2014, 09:03 AM

Default Re: HDX 11.2 Crashes Whenever I Drag A Channel In Mix Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerman View Post
Subject says it all.

Ever since 11.2 upgrade, moving a channel in the mix window causes an instant poof to the desktop. It was fun for the first 4 or 5 goes, after about 20 it started getting boring. Have sent many many crash logs via the 'Send to Avid' button, with emails and instructions to reproduce, but hear only silence.

Could be a plugin I suppose, but if it is, I've no idea which one. Anyone else seeing GUI flakiness since 11.2? Prior to that all was good here.

Jules
Hi,

Does it happen with no plugins on the channel?

have you trashed prefs?

Will be interested to see if anyone else can reproduce this!

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerman View Post
Subject says it all.

Jules
Are you using Nomad Factory plug-ins? See my post in the AAX forum, 100% repeatable issue on HDX.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=357270

If not, try doing some of the tests that I describe, removing plugins from the AAX folder and then bringing them back in a few at a time until the crash back. Its almost a certain that it is a plug-in causing your problem.

Forrester
Old 08-10-2014, 03:59 AM

Hi Forrester

I recently installed the BBE plugins, which I believe are distributed by Nomad Factory (and may even be coded by them).

It could well be that those are at fault here. I will try and run some tests as soon as I get a moment, but I suspect you're onto something.

Jules
Old 08-12-2014, 03:29 AM

BBE plugins are causing the problems. If I uninstantiate them, all GUI issues disappear. I've reported to Don't Crack ...
Old 08-12-2014, 10:47 PM

Great, probably good to send Nomad Factory support an email too so we're double-teaming them about the same issue, essentially. I'll send one to Don't Crack.

Haven't heard back from Nomad though (other than that they received my email), don't know how long this sort of thing takes.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:39 AM

This issue has returned and without BBE plugins. I'm getting about 6 or 7 crashes a day whilst just dragging channels, or doing other general GUI stuff like moving plugins. Sent all my crash logs to Avid, as usual I hear deafening silence.

Is there any way to actually get official support so I can work around these bugs, without having to pay for the privilege?
Old 09-29-2014, 01:03 PM

No BBE plug-ins here and I also have experienced the same crash repeatedly on my system. Also sent in about 5-10 "Send to Avid" logs on this one.

I realize that I can remove all of the plug-ins and add them back one at a time to diagnose the problem but that is quite time consuming.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:47 PM

This has been ongoing for me as well. No solution so far. I see this mostly on VI sessions. It has been reported.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 09-30-2014, 12:19 AM

Thanks for confirming - was starting to feel I might be the only one.

Out of interest, does this happen as much in 11.2.1 as in 11.2? I'm still running 11.2 because 11.2.1 won't open my 11.2 sessions.

Thanks again

Jules