Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2011, 09:40 AM

Default Re: Disappointed with PT 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 985hunter View Post
Disappointing and frustrating. It took forever to set up, and you get no support unless you pay for it. I needed to learn Pro Tools to be able to swap files with other people, but Apple and LogicPro are looking better and better as a future purchase.... especially after reading your post!
So if someone made a thread titled "Happy with PT9" listing all they like about PT9 and how it did not take them forever to set up, would you read that thread and have another opinion? Or do you just want Logic Pro.

You do know that some Logic users also express disappointments. This stuff just comes with every DAW. Just pick the one you wanna use, get a computer and interface that will work with it, and make music. Kinda simple.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:36 PM

Spenner,

You mean like this, this, this and this?

The happy people rarely post. The people with problems should, it's what the forum is for, users helping users. Unfortunatley, the bashers, complainers and whiners always post too.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 06-20-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
Spenner,

The happy people rarely post. The people with problems should, it's what the forum is for, users helping users. Unfortunatley, the bashers, complainers and whiners always post too.

Cheers,
Don't forget the fanboys lmao. It's obviously a good discussion for the simple fact you took time out of your day to reply. I think it's healthy convo nothing more nothing less. My girl read this and was cracking up like do these people get paid by this company. LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenner View Post
Djreb, people have been talking like this since the first quad core systems. Yet HD continues to sale. What the price haters fail to realize is that any studio with HD has a clientele that causes them to need and afford it. HD is not about the price for the studios that need it. It is a solid reliable system that works. The only people I know harping on its price are the ones who don't need it.

Yes there are other options out there and people buy them. But HD is what it is and has always been for studios. Million dollar studios, and small or home studios that are doing well are not harping on the prices of HD and HD Native. This has to be put into perspective to those without HD, or who don't even need it, harping on the price.
It doesn't matter who uses it it's still overpriced in this era of music. And I'm just judging by what it does and comes with. It also doesn't dissolve the fact that some hackers hacked Pro Tools 8LE and let everyone know that PT could run other audio cards and have more audio tracks and it wasn't that hard to do which I'm sure had a lot to do with 9. If everyone just goes happily along with what Avid decides to give them then we loose as consumers. Why would they make drastic improvements if it isn't demanded? I bet it cost them 100-500 bucks and that's me being generous to make those HD cards. I could have grabbed HD3 but I chose to put that money elsewhere. Don't get me wrong I think it's a dope product I think it still has shelf life but tick tock.
This is the era of the shrinking studio.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrebelion View Post
It doesn't matter who uses it it's still overpriced in this era of music. If everyone just goes happily along with what Avid decides to give them then we loose as consumers. Why would they make drastic improvements if it isn't demanded? I bet it cost them 100-500 bucks and that's me being generous to make those HD cards. I could have grabbed HD3 but I chose to put that money elsewhere. Don't get me wrong I think it's a dope product I think it still has shelf life but tick tock.
This is the era of the shrinking studio.
The point was not "who has HD." It was to show that guys like you complain about the price while others buy what they need.

I'm sure everyone is saying why keep engaging your logic. I'm trying not to but... PT has improved since Soundtools, Logic Pro since Notation, Windows since Windows 1.0, and humans since the square wheel. But you say that PT is being improved only because of demands like yours (not because like every other company Avid wants to satisfy the requests of customers)

Quote:
Don't forget the fanboys lmao. It's obviously a good discussion for the simple fact you took time out of your day to reply. I think it's healthy convo nothing more nothing less. My girl read this and was cracking up like do these people get paid by this company. LMAO
Again, your logic. If someone likes PT then he is a fanboy or works for the company. I'm sure your girl is your biggest fan and believes everything you say about HD . You and I simply disagree. And I don't mind the discussion. It's a forum and only takes seconds to respond. No problem at all.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
Spenner,

Cheers,
It cannot be explained better than that. But of course that makes you a fanboy on Avid's staff.

Nice post Bruce!
Old 06-21-2011, 10:50 AM

1: Avid Pro Tools 9 is not a 64bit Program use
not more thane 3 G Memory
2: It is pack t whit bugs to Greedy
3: It is over price
4: No servers from Avid
5: Runs well so long you can program Windows
6: Normal people can not program Windows or
make his Windows self
Old 06-21-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henks View Post
1: Avid Pro Tools 9 is not a 64bit Program use
not more thane 3 G Memory
2: It is pack t whit bugs to Greedy
3: It is over price
4: No servers from Avid
5: Runs well so long you can program Windows
6: Normal people can not program Windows or
make his Windows self
Wow... I must be some kind of super rich programmer then!

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 06-21-2011, 11:18 AM

Dism

Windows is not a mac
Old 06-21-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henks View Post
Dism

Windows is not a mac
Right... So the 4+ Windows machines I have installed Pro Tools on don't count.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 06-21-2011, 11:46 AM

Dism

U're the Man