Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2011, 05:25 AM

Default Noise after bounce. This is new.

Maybe someone can help me here with a quick fix. After I master my track I bounce it to my disk and convert as an MP3 to analyze it. Lately, I noticed when after my bounce, (which is clean when bouncing), I listen to the finished product on my flash drive, or CD-R, and hear a clicking or popping. has anyone experienced this? I am running PT9 on W7/64 using the Digidesign 003 fader system. Everything else is working fine. It's only happening after listening to the finished external media.

Last edited by Jimibrix; 08-24-2011 at 09:27 AM. Reason: convert instead of covert
Old 08-24-2011, 08:24 AM

Default Re: Noise after bounce. This is new.

what software are you using for audio playback? seems like sample rate conflict. do you bounce 44/1 or 48 ?
Old 08-24-2011, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dot View Post
what software are you using for audio playback? seems like sample rate conflict. do you bounce 44/1 or 48 ?
If you have a fade on the master track, this will occur. It's a marked bug on the mac side.
64 GB 2667 MHz DDR 4
Internal 2TiB SSD
Pro Tools 2024.3
EuCon 4.8.6.41 / 2023.11
UA Luna
UAD 11
UA Apollo Twin X
Avid S1 / Fire10 - 21.8.1.0
PreSonus DigiMax FS 8-input ADAT
Dynaudio Monitors
PreSonus Temblor 10 Sub

Check my Music out here:

Paul G YouTube

Paul G Bandcamp
Old 08-24-2011, 09:23 AM

Bouncing to disk @ 44.1, interleaved. I do have the surround box checked... I also do have the master track fading, but how else could I do it? Because if I undo the fade and attempt a manual fade during bounce we'll get the 'bounce freeze'. When I'm bouncing, I never touch anything. What's odd is that she's bouncing clean, I'm listening to it through my Yamaha HS80 monitors and all is clean. For software, it's all just ProTools 9 with the Music production Toolkit. I have no additional software to convert to my MP3 other than my ProTools. This hasn't happened before and I've bounced on my 9 before. i take it to the car or separate laptop to analyze. Now I'm getting these 'snaps'. My sample rate is 1024, high buffer/cache all at max as they've always been, (except when recording at which time I drop it, putting it back up for playback to minimize any latency while recording). Weird situation. I guess when I get home i can uncheck the surround box and see if that does anything... Any other ideas let me know.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:25 AM

Additional plugins are all authorized, Izotope ozone 4, T-Racks deluxe, Miroslav..., nothing exotic, all tried and true stuff, and no 'cracked' items.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:32 AM

Playback I've been using a flashdrive to add my MP3's to, never had any issues before. It fits right in the car or my non-studio laptop, I've been using it right along as it saves a lot of CD-r's. I don't burn the CD-r until the mix is right, and the flashdrive gets used over and over again, deleting what's on there and then replacing it with new mixes. It lacks a touch of low end, but I compensate for it. When the mix is good, then I burn it to CD-r and move on to the next song or set of songs.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimibrix View Post
Bouncing to disk @ 44.1, interleaved. I do have the surround box checked... I also do have the master track fading, but how else could I do it?
You could bounce everything to a stereo track and apply a fade afterwards, then Export Region as File. Or bounce without the fade, import the bounced files, apply a fade, then Export Region as File. Personally I usually bounce without fades and use Goldwave to perform the fade afterwards.

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (2)
TC Electronic Studio Konnekt 48
Avid Artist Mix/Control
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 08-24-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwsand View Post
You could bounce everything to a stereo track and apply a fade afterwards, then Export Region as File. Or bounce without the fade, import the bounced files, apply a fade, then Export Region as File. Personally I usually bounce without fades and use Goldwave to perform the fade afterwards.
...or you could route all your audio to a "master bus" before your master fader and perform your fade out automation on that.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:45 PM

Fixed. Transfer rate was set at fastest instead of slowest best quality! Lol... All's well. Thanks everybody for your help.