Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2012, 06:13 AM

Default I hate those bugs in PT 10, but I love the sound of the Channel Strip plugin

If the I can use the channel strip plugins in PT9, I will never run PT 10 again.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:01 AM

Default Re: I hate those bugs in PT 10, but I love the sound of the Channel Strip plugin

Pro Tools 10.1.1 runs flawlessly on my system. You might want to check it out as I'm not the only one who has had this experience.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:27 PM

Default Re: I hate those bugs in PT 10, but I love the sound of the Channel Strip plugin

OK, Thanks for your suggestion, I will try it today.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:00 PM

Maybe you might be more specific about what "bugs" you're experiencing?

PT10 has been just about flawless on my system.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 03-16-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post
Maybe you might be more specific about what "bugs" you're experiencing?

PT10 has been just about flawless on my system.
I'm with him. I haven't even upgraded to 10.0.1 yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2012, 07:45 PM

Well, the first version I've ever used after PT HD9 is PT HD 10.0.1, I have never tried original PT HD 10. The most big problem is endless 6031 errors when I pushed a knob on any third party plugins and adjust them. Such as MDW EQ plugins. And of course, there are some other bugs too, such as suddenly there's no output for some audio tracks, I have to inactive and then reactive them to make the outputs available. These bugs are always there no matter I run OS 6.8 or 7. I'm running PT HD3 on this mac.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WernerF View Post
Pro Tools 10.1.1 runs flawlessly on my system. You might want to check it out as I'm not the only one who has had this experience.

Ditto.. It fixed everything here after weeks of problems with busses not being active and tracks intermittently not working and having to close and open the session to reboot.

All seems good now. Still testing...

G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 03-16-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghand View Post
Well, the first version I've ever used after PT HD9 is PT HD 10.0.1, I have never tried original PT HD 10. The most big problem is endless 6031 errors when I pushed a knob on any third party plugins and adjust them. Such as MDW EQ plugins. And of course, there are some other bugs too, such as suddenly there's no output for some audio tracks, I have to inactive and then reactive them to make the outputs available. These bugs are always there no matter I run OS 6.8 or 7. I'm running PT HD3 on this mac.
6031 errors are still there. I have never seen such problems on PT HD 9
Old 03-16-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
6031 errors are still there. I have never seen such problems on PT HD 9
calling it a bug simply places the blame on someone else. rather than nudging one to make sure all aspects of my own system are updated and compatible to make a reliable system.

maybe ouve done all the steps to make your system stable and yet still these errors you speak of.

Me. well i've had a few issues but not what you are describing with Massenburg eq.

although Im not on a hd3 system so maybe thats it.

But i would be sure all your plug-ins are up to date. And if you did that. . well then that seems weird when others have flawless systems.

Next step would be to ask those with flawless systems to post what plug ins and versions they are using and maybe we can narrow down a culprit here...

and most likely then get that manufacturer to fix up the code causing the weirdness, or something.

System
MacPro 12 Core • 24 G Ram • 10.12.6
PT 12.8.1 • Mbox 3 Pro • Plug-ins Verified
4 HD • OS ssd | Audio ssd | Sample Library ssd | Storage
MAXPower eSATA 6G Card • Wiebetech RTX100H-Q
Kensington Trackball Works/Orbit Optical
Bluetooth off/Airport on and off.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:59 AM

Quote:
If specific plugins are bugging out... then it's probably the plugins and not Pro Tools. Make sure they are up to date.

The easiest way to test if plugins are the problem is to empty your plugins folder of all 3rd party plugins (just put them in 'unused', they'll be fine), then trash prefs and db's and start Pro Tools.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515