Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2010, 09:32 AM

Default Re: New HD Omni

Roundtrip latency specs not any better than M-Audio 2626 for all the hoopla. 2626 has an 18x18 builtin mixer, and works directly with a laptop, including 26i/o into any uncrippled DAW. 2 headphone mixes, 8 aux sends, 8 preamps fully bypassable. $700 MAP.

Seriously, scales from your eyes, this product line fails compared to the M-Audio. Even price no object. No joke.

And yeah Brad the free publicity you generated is worth about $250K or thereabouts. Give your account number to Tony Karate for a wire.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:32 AM

I agree 100% Brad, I think they should pay you a bonus.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:33 AM

Spicemix, we don't know what the audio quality is. The Omni has the same converters as the new HD i/o, which I assume are better than the old 192.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradLyons View Post
Well shoot---if it's on a RETAILER's website (with NO MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT from the manufacturer).....and it's on a BLOG SITE (with NO MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT from the manufacturer)..... and well I'm just scratching my head here, I've been holding in until that major announcement..... hmmm again, trying to understand the logic behind where it's at v/s where it's not at v/s what happened last week.....

Anyway---debating if it's okay for me to spill the beans yet? I'm puzzled, seriously---I really am.
I think AVID couldnt keep enough fingers in the leaking dam, so they just went ahead and announced without the big fanfare. Amazing the didn't do this all at a tradeshow.....
I am really amazed also at how they really didn't bring much NEW to the table. They just brought in their various brand name technologies under one logo, and re-packaged their current list of goods with some slightly improved specs and features......
Wow....
Totally unimpressed.....
You may as well speak your piece Brad...
Old 08-17-2010, 09:34 AM

I'm LOVING the new IO Setup options!! Overlapping outputs, internal busses and separate output busses... stuff my workflow has been dying for! PT 8.1 looks great!!!!

peace

Rob Burrell
aka mixboy

PTHD Ultimate/Eucon (latest betas) / Mac Studio Ultra 128GB RAM / Aja T-Tap / Sonnet M.2 4x4 PCIe 8TB / Focusrite 16Line / MTRX Studio / UAD Octo / 32 channel S1 & Dock (5) 2019 Fire HD 10 / Dolby Atmos 9.1.4 /Mastering Suite / 13.0 Sony 360RA
Old 08-17-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
Spicemix, we don't know what the audio quality is. The Omni has the same converters as the new HD i/o, which I assume are better than the old 192.
They've got Digi PREs and XMONs strapped across them, no? If the XMON in this is digital, OK, but the PRE is analog at least on a couple of those inputs and likely not bypassable (other than via the insert I suppose). I'm waiting for reproducible specs. I don't think M-Audio was allowed to publish specs because they were so good. Yes that's right.

As for launch time, this story was "embargoed" until 9am PDT today. That means all the press and retail outlets agreed not to say anything until then as a condition of being given advance notice.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:36 AM

smells like they are phasing out LE.

if u want pro get a card and omni and if not there's maudio
Old 08-17-2010, 09:37 AM

Sweetwater have got the wrong price on their site, surely the price for these interfaces is Brad's job?

Founder of the Expert Sites.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:38 AM

Thumbs down Re: New HD Omni

Just went to Avid site to see the news ..............you got to be kidding
Old 08-17-2010, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsilbers View Post
smells like they are phasing out LE.

if u want pro get a card and omni and if not there's maudio
...unless you want the DVTK or CPTK...

D