Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 12-27-2014, 05:49 AM

Default Re: What happens if I DON'T upgrade to PT11 before December 31st?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
No clue what you are talking about! If you don't use PT then why waste time and space here complaining and whatnot?
I think most get my drift.

So it does not sink in - that you scare people off?

It's explaining, really - where you took the wrong turn...

...from a customer prospect view - maybe from some customers too. But I represent myself only.

Though, technically I was a Avid customer for two weeks until I had my money back.

But in the eyes of Avid - not paying anymore - not a customer...
Old 12-27-2014, 09:05 AM

Back on topic, there are two groups. One who may upgrade from 9x or 10x to 11 (upgrade) and the group that already owns 11 (support/upgrade).

We know the deal for the upgrade but not for the support/upgrade.

Pricing for support/upgrade is not being released while the upgrade program is in effect. Why? Could it be the support price may be lower than the full upgrade and that may effect sales?

Since the 11 users have already paid for their upgrade, all they need is support. Should that be cheaper than full upgrade/support for the 9 and 10 owners?

By not releasing the 11 support pricing, users get the feeling someone is going to get screwed.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 12-27-2014, 09:30 AM

"By not releasing the 11 support pricing, users get the feeling someone is going to get screwed."

This seems an accurate summation!
Old 12-27-2014, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29CountsNY View Post
" not a customer..."
Then why on forum.
One that can not speak full sentence?
Wow. Just wow. Are you aware that English is not the *world's* only language? Then you mock him? At least he's attempting to contribute to the topic.
Old 12-27-2014, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29CountsNY View Post
Especially if you only represent yourself and no one else.
If your not a customer why are you here wasting time and space?
Grammar issues aside (we won't go back into savvy [or lack thereof] with the English language), you appear bent on disqualifying this person's opinion. That might hold water... except that in reality he represents a large number of us, even within this very thread. There's true depth and value to his point and it's worthy of debate -- I'm curious to know how that's any more of a waste of space than your posts, which are merely designed to extinguish his popular opinion, a popular one I should again point out.

On top of that, a non-customer is a potential customer and crucially important to the future of any company, so their opinions are equally valid. Unless Avid has stopped trying to court new customers? And in fact, wouldn't Avid want to know why this person, and others like him, have resisted ProTools to this point? Isn't that how a product/company is improved?

The ProTools shills/patsies/proxies have a funny way of seeing the world.
Old 12-27-2014, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitT View Post
"By not releasing the 11 support pricing, users get the feeling someone is going to get screwed."

This seems an accurate summation!
BINGO!!! That's exactly what's at issue - the bad taste left in our mouths.
Old 12-27-2014, 10:39 AM

Hello? Is this thing on???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Cariddi View Post
Hi JC. Owners of PT/PTHD 11 do not automatically get upcoming feature upgrades. However, as upgrades are released thought 2015, you can purchase the $199/$599 upgrade/support plan to upgrade to that release, plus you'll get 12 months of future upgrades/support.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Cariddi View Post
Hi guys,

To ease everyone through this transition towards getting upgrades through upgrade/support plans, Pro Tools and Pro Tools HD users on versions 9, 10 and 11 have until the end of 2015 (14 months from now) to get on a plan.

If you want to take advantage of the offer now, we're including an extra 3 months of upgrade/support coverage. However, you have the option to wait and see what we deliver from now through 2015 to make your decision.

Thanks,
Tony
Old 12-27-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
BINGO!!! That's exactly what's at issue - the bad taste left in our mouths.

They want people to buy before the new year. Come on. The upper management wants to tick tock their way to big bonuses and a nice q4 (compared to the [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] that is avid) would give them that.
Old 12-27-2014, 11:11 AM

If I read Tony right, he is saying that current owners of PT 11 can pay $199 to upgrade to the support/upgrade plan anytime in 2015 and you get one year of coverage.

I guess the price will go up in 2015 for 9x and 10x users to upgrade to 11 since that deal expires at the end of 2014. Or so I surmise.

Tony is the only person from Avid I have seen to say what the upgrade price will be for current PT11 owners.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 12-27-2014, 11:16 AM

If those of us on PT 11 have one year before we have to deal with this issue, why are folks on PT 11 getting bent out of shape because Avid hasn't come with a specific plan for us yet?

We haven't had to pay anything extra and don't have to pay anything for a year. It's weird to me how some folks see that as a conspiracy or "screwing" us.