Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire and USB Audio Interfaces (Win)

Old 06-13-2014, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Fast Track Pro 6.1.10 drivers won't install on Windows 8.1 64bit

At this point you might not like my next suggestion, but since even cleaning your registry and programs with cccleaner didn't work, you might as well try a full clean install. Reformatting of your hard drive installing Windows, video drivers, audio drivers, and then your softwares, in that order.

#BOYCOTTTUSPRODUCTS

just not Pro tools and compatible plugins...
Old 06-26-2014, 01:31 AM

Manny, you were right, I didn't like that suggestion

Luckily, having suffered with several generations of Windows BS crashes and complete re-installs, I now use Macrium Reflect to do DAILY backups of everything incrementally with monthly full system and data backups, and I keep my windoze sw on a relatively small C: partition that I can re-image separately.

So, after my entire system crashed AGAIN (after a power outage), I did a system restore to the end of May, which was shortly before I tried installing 6.1.10 for the first time (and before the latest round of Win 8.1 updates...)

I am happy to report that this worked! I now have the 6.0.7 drivers and a working FastTrack Pro Just out of curiosity, I tried installing 6.1.10 again and it failed again with the same error reported above. But at this point I'm going to leave it alone. My conclusion is that 6.1.10 is NOT fully compatible with Win 8.1...

So I guess I'll check back occasionally to see if there is a newer driver that is KNOWN to work with 8.1, which might even fix the occasional annoying freezes of the maudio driver that require a system reboot

Thanks to all for your responses!

David
Old 06-27-2014, 03:01 AM

Have you tried to install driver 6.1.10 with:

Right-click -> Troubleshoot compatibility -> Try recommended settings -> Start the program

For me this solved the problem with installing the driver.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leg@cyGuy View Post
6.0.7 had been working on 8.1, but with the usual intermittent freezing requiring a reboot. Everything went south when I tried to install 6.1.10. That failed, so I tried uninstalling 6.0.7, then 6.1.10 install still failed, then 6.0.7 re-install failed, so now I'm left with nothing...

David
I use a M-Audio Fast Track II with Windows 8.1 Update 1 and the only problem is BSOD, but it installed ok. When you download the drivers, occured na error with downloading? Perhaps your driver downloaded is corrupted. You can try download Revo Uninstaller and delete permanently your downloaded drivers file. It was an option for irreversible exclusion of a file or folder. So later you download again from Avid's website the latest version of the software and try again. I'm justing trying to help. You scanned your PC for analyze viruses? Somethimes some vírus are the source of problem in question.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:03 PM

Kirid, Mahzin,

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried various options under the compatibility settings, but none worked. Also I have downloaded the drivers three times and am sure they are not corrupted. I am curious if you have 64-bit or 32-bit versions of Windows 8.1 - my guess is that the drivers work for the latter, but not for 64-bit.

Even worse news - although I was previously able to get the 6.0.7 drivers working by reverting my system to it's state saved in May 2014, after a few days of working I unplugged it from the front of my PC into one of the ports on the back. Then after a reboot Windows installed its OWN driver (6.3.9600.16490 from Dec 2013), and now the Device Manager claims it is working, but the control panel/audio devices does not show the fasttrack pro, so I can't assign it for input/output.

Bottom line, it is now TOTALLY broken, and I don't want to waste MORE time reverting my entire system again only to have it break as soon as I reboot. I basically have the same problem I started with - neither the 6.0.7 NOR the 6.1.10 drivers will install...
Old 07-23-2014, 07:12 PM

Also I tried Revo Uninstaller, but that didn't help. It only seems to show installed applications, and does not include the maudio fasttrack pro drivers.

As you'll see from my previous posts in this thread, I already tried using a variety of registry tools to clear out all references to maudio, and I am sure I do not have any known viruses...