Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 04-13-2007, 09:01 AM

Default Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Interrupt Problems

DigiTech,

Thank you for getting back to me. Here's my setup, and then the list of troubleshooting techniques I've tried.

For peripherals, I am running my WD 320GB External Hard drive into the Firewire 400 port, my MBox Mini into one USB port, and I have a secondary external hard drive that I use for Reason attached to the other 2 USB ports (one of the 2 USB ports is required to power that hard drive). I tried running PTLE with all peripherals disconnected (including that USB hard drive), and the interrupt errors appeared with the same frequency. I even booted up without the WD 320GB attached as well and tried running a session solely on the system drive, but I still had the errors.

As for Troubleshooting steps:
I've been hesitant to switch my Processor Scheduling to "Background Services" again because the last time I did it, it wiped all of the .dll files for all my programs and basically killed my computer. I had to do a complete format to restore my system, which is why I don't necessarily want to do that again. Especially since PTLE ran fine for 3 weeks after the reformat without that option selected.

Other attempts:
-I reformatted my computer and reinstalled PTLE twice. (Deleted all Digidesign Database folders on all hard drives before reinstalling.)
-I ran PTLE with the computer in diagnostic mode.
-I disabled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.
-I disabled the following devices: Wireless, Bluetooth, Infared, Ricoh PCMCIA Card, Ricoh Memory Stick, Ricoh SD Bus Host Adapter, and my sound card (SoundMax Integrated Digital HD Audio).
-I enabled DMA on all drives.
-I switched the IDE to Secondary IDE Channel.
-I turned off Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition.

Things I have not tried:
I haven't gone into the BIOS yet... I'm a little nervous about that.

Thank you for your help!
-Blake
Old 04-16-2007, 05:47 AM

Update: I just had my Digi002R shipped across the Atlantic ocean in the hopes that it would fix whatever's been ailing PTLE 7.1 with my Mbox Mini. Unfortunately, I had interrupt errors within the first 2 minutes. Something tells me I should start looking for a Mac... *tears slowly drop*
Old 04-16-2007, 07:46 PM

I guess my question at this point is, do you think it's worth trying to fix it more? I really hate to write it off to fundamental incompatibility since this is a brand new, top of the line Thinkpad, but I'm stumped as to what else to do... especially since the complete format and reinstall of everything didn't fix it this time. I'm just cringing at the thought of having to put down another $3,000 for one of the HP Compaq Mobile Workstations. Thank you in advance for your advice...