Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2012, 11:19 AM

Default Record monitoring level different from Playback monitoring level.

I have set up 8 mics on drums, I run them through my firepod into Pro Tools 9.
When I put my tracks in record-enable mode, the input monitoring levels volume drops to almost nothing. Besides the musician not being able to hear themselves, it also prevents me from having, for example, a guitar scratch track playing along to the drummer.

The input levels on the PreSonus are good, and when I do record, I get plenty information onto the tracks listening back in playback mode.

I have researched for a few hours now and my Link Record and Playback faders box is checked, I have no plug-ins or aux channels going.
I just switched from my MBox Pro 2, where this was never an issue, to my PreSonus firepod FP10.

Anyone come across this problem or have any suggestions for a solve?
Thanks for the help.

Pro Tools 9
PreSonus Fire pod FP10
Mac Pro Intel Dual-core 2.66, 3GB RAM
OS Leopard
Old 03-09-2012, 10:05 AM

Default Re: Record monitoring level different from Playback monitoring level.

UPDATE:

I have now trashed all my preferences, data bases, emptied the trash. I also went through the pre-fader metering and checked if the latency setting was an issue (which someone mentioned was a contributor to this phenomenon).
I also checked the Link record and playback option.

I then set up one audio channel and a stereo Master.

Still, when monitoring the input when record enabled (I tried enabling just the
audio track, just the transport as well as both) the volume is extremely low and I have to max my head phones to hear anything.

Audio ends up at normal (desired) level when monitoring playback, but record input remains a mystery.

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

PT 9.0.2