Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2000, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Waves 3.0 no longer works with HUI

Please beware!!

I get the impression that this is not an upgrade, but a ripp-off. I've got 2 TDM bundels with keys, and asked Waves what would be my interest by upgrading:
- First they replied that I would obtain a Dualtapdelay and a deesser, and an challenge/response, so no moreDongle. How am I going to work now for the 3 different studio's i'm working with? Will they give me 3 responses? I don't need a deesser neither, since C1 has been doing this just more then fine for over 5 years..
I insisted, send them the wavekeyutill details, and then a rep told me that I would get a renaissence reverb.
Okay: pay 2 times 400 bucks so I can't travel annymore with my Waves-plugins, and get just an reverb, and no more controls annymore?

Other threads on findings of the Waves 3 upgrade:
http://www.digidesign.com/ubb/Forum16/HTML/006021.html

and specially the
http://www.digidesign.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/003918.html

Phew, I've just one thing to say: I'm shure that Mr Gerzon wouldn't have acredited this kind of stupid "marketing" thinking.

Waves is blowing their reputation!

BEWARE!

Huby
Old 11-18-2000, 12:35 AM

Default Waves 3.0 no longer works with HUI

I just installed v 3.0 of the gold bundle, only to discover that none of the plugin parameters could be controlled from the HUI any more.... it used to work-- I'd be using the HUI for Waves seconds before I upgraded, and now the HUI map is all screwed up.

I called up Waves, but they did their usual passing of the buck, saying that Mackie wouldn't lend them a HUi (I offered them to take mine for a month), and Digi wouldn't lend them a ProControl (which also doesn't work with Waves). They said there was never a HUI map, and it just "happened to work" before 3.0.

This is pretty upsetting, to say the least. Digi has worked hard to create an integrated system where the user can record, edit, mix and master... and now the mixing falls short. Sure, it's not the end of the world, but it has hampered my ability to work effectivelty with these plugins, and slowed down my work time. Maybe Waves and the rest of this third party infrastructure can begin working together instead of working apart.

I can now understand the feeling when a feature you used to have has been taken away from you with an "upgrade".
Old 11-18-2000, 07:45 AM

Default Re: Waves 3.0 no longer works with HUI

I wanted to update my NPP 1 & 2, 2.6 (PC), to version 3.0, to use on my G4. Turns out that the NPP 2 is no longer available, and the only way to get the new versions of NPP 2 plug-ins, is to update my 2 packs to the Gold Bundle 3.0. By crossing platforms, and getting the exact same plug-ins with updates, I would be spending the same amount of money if I were to by the Gold Bundle new..... I was trying to avoid that!

Also too, you can no longer do transfer of ownerships with the versions that use dongles, because of the new verification system. Granted, ditching the dongle is great, but this is lame.....

The sad thing is that I have 2 great bundles, but in order for me to actually use them, I will have to buy them all over again 'plus' more.

Is it just me, or is the only thing that has changed in 3.0 is how they 'look'?