Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 03-14-2001, 10:15 PM

Default Help with common Digi Plug-Ins

Now that I've installed 5.1, many common plug-ins (focusrite, dinr, bruno, reso, etc.) have become deactivated after 15 days as if they were on a trial basis. When I purchased PT last year, I received CDRoms from Digi that gave me those plugs for free, unlimited use.

Am I now supposed to purchase all of these plugs I was once given for free from Digi, or is there something wrong in the way I installed 5.1?

Li'l help anyone?
Howard Karp
Old 03-15-2001, 09:25 AM

Default Re: Help with common Digi Plug-Ins

You should call suport but I think you have to re-authorize the plug ins. I heard that if you originaly Authorized with a code (not disk) that the autorizations are lost in the upgrade. But there is a chalange responce way to reauthorize them. This should not cost you anything.
SK
Old 03-16-2001, 06:58 AM
Avid

Noiz2 is correct. If any of your digi plug-ins were previously authorized via challenge/response, you will need to reauthorize them with key disks.

-If you are registered, and need disks you may contact tech support at: 650-842-6699

Brent
Old 03-17-2001, 02:07 PM

Thanx Brent! I actually spoke to Kyle and he said he is sending the necessary software to me. I'll cross my fingers and hope all of the plugs are accomodated.

Question: let's say I made changes to my old 5.0.1 session in 5.1 before the wacky trial period ran out and I don't receive the new plugs in time to meet a deadline... can I reopen the 5.1 session in 5.0.1 with the current changes (plug parameters, edits, etc.)?

Howard Karp
Old 03-19-2001, 06:23 AM
Avid

Although I have not tried this scenario, I assume that the plug-ins will come up as "Inactive" until you either manually remove them from the session or authorize them.

Brent