Old 09-13-2013, 06:12 AM

Default Re: Procedure to Transfer Used Hardware/Software

This is not legal!
Old 09-13-2013, 06:34 AM

Default Procedure to Transfer Used Hardware/Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantzen View Post
This is not legal!
How is anybody supposed to work out what you are commenting on or why you believe that? What action is "illegal" and what law does that action breach?
Old 09-13-2013, 06:45 AM

You need to make a request to Avid to surrender the license to the new buyer.

The Transfer form must be deliver to the buyer too.

If it's yours (register to your avid.com) you can transfer 10HD license and Hardware with no problem, just make a request.

Your local dealer could help you out, they are there to support this kind of info.

PM me if you need more help.

Regards,

Marco Bernardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
I am sell a used HD 1 TDM core card plus Pro Tools HD 10 to a buyer.
I have the form fill out for the HD TDM card but there is no way to transfer the the HD 10 license to the buyers ilok.com account (the licensee says NOT TRANSFERABLE)

What is the procedure do I do to transfer the HD 10 ilok asset to the new buyer?

Why had this changed?
We sold a system last year and we transferred the license to buyer of the core card's ilok account it was easy.
Why does this seem not to be possible to sell card/software anymore?

Dialog Editor, Sound Designer, Re-Recording mixer

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro
Old 01-07-2015, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
I would call Avid CSA and explain the issue. I'm reasonably sure that this is treated as a registration issue and there's no charge.

I've asked Avid to post a FAQ on policy and transfers in the Buy and Sell section here the Avid website and perhaps iLok.com. Hopefully they will do that. And the information may be already on the website somewhere for all I know.
More than a year has passed but I did not find the detailed info regarding the license transfer. Maybe I have missed it? I would appreciate any thread. More than a year has passed but I did not find the detailed info regarding the license transfer. Maybe I have missed it? I would appreciate any thread. I need to transfer a license of PT 11 soft.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:10 AM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleksPal View Post
More than a year has passed but I did not find the detailed info regarding the license transfer. Maybe I have missed it? I would appreciate any thread. More than a year has passed but I did not find the detailed info regarding the license transfer. Maybe I have missed it? I would appreciate any thread. I need to transfer a license of PT 11 soft.
Linked from the Support FAQ at the top of the forum:
Transfer of Ownership information

But in the case of the non-HD version of Pro Tools, you would just do the transfer of the license using the iLok License Manager and transfer the license from one account to another iLok account. From the iLok.com FAQ in the Managing Your Licenses tab:
Quote:
How do I transfer licenses to another user?

There are three ways to transfer a license. When transferring a license, you will be asked to confirm your account information. Be careful when entering the destination User ID as transfers are irreversible. Note that a $US25 per license/bundle fee applies for transferring licenses to another iLok.com account, but each License Transfer order has a maximum charge of $US50.
  • Option 1: find the license you wish to transfer and select it by clicking on it. Next, click on the transfer icon in the top right corner of the iLok License Manager window.
  • Option 2: find the license you wish to transfer and select it by clicking on it, then click on "show details". You can then click on "Transfer" to start the process.
  • Option 3: right click the license you wish to transfer and select "transfer"
Old 01-13-2015, 02:01 AM

I purchased PT11 native on Ebay, and seller transferred license to my iLok account. The software works fine, but now I'm trying to update to the latest version (11.3?) and realizing Avid is asking me to register with a serial number or system ID. Was I supposed to get this info from the seller? I just assumed the iLok transfer was sufficient...

Thanks for any help!
Old 01-13-2015, 02:08 AM

Dont worrie, just ask to the seller give you the installer.
When you upgrade to a new version (12) everything will be registered in your account Avid and ilok (ilok is now registered to your account). No worries.
You can request the trial too, i think it will provide you the new installers too.

Avid don't. Transfer ownership Avid accounts for vanilla versions.

When i get home i can provide you the installers. Just leave me a private msg.

Regards,

Dialog Editor, Sound Designer, Re-Recording mixer

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro
Old 01-13-2015, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Bernardo View Post
You can request the trial too, i think it will provide you the new installers too,

Yeah a trial will work for you....it will give you the most recent full installers
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 01-17-2015, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssprod19 View Post
I purchased PT11 native on Ebay, and seller transferred license to my iLok account. The software works fine, but now I'm trying to update to the latest version (11.3?) and realizing Avid is asking me to register with a serial number or system ID. Was I supposed to get this info from the seller? I just assumed the iLok transfer was sufficient...

Thanks for any help!
contact the seller I am sure they can help you with the no problem.
No Avid serial is required for used Pro Tools ilok licenses. In fact with a serial number/registration code you would have received a second copy of Pro tools license.
An Avid registration is not required and is not needed for updates and future upgrades.
However you must keep your Pro tools ilok license in order to obtain any update or upgrade. All upgrades and updates are tied to ownership of the ilok licenses. If you are getting the registration pop up when you launch pro tools just click already registered. If the pop up will not go away read this
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...oting/en349391