Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 06-16-2018, 03:28 AM

Default REAKTOR 6 vs Komplete 11

I was considering purchasing the Reaktor 6 product for $199. But I recently saw a Summer Special price for the Komplete 11 package (also $199) that appears to include Reaktor 6 (including Blocks) plus many other synths. Do I have this right? I seem to be getting a vastly better deal purchasing Komplete 11.
Scarlett 18i8
Presonus Eris 4.5 monitors
Komplete Kontrol A49
Akai EWI 4000s midi wind controller
Old 06-16-2018, 03:44 AM

Default Re: REAKTOR 6 vs Komplete 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgood View Post
I was considering purchasing the Reaktor 6 product for $199. But I recently saw a Summer Special price for the Komplete 11 package (also $199) that appears to include Reaktor 6 (including Blocks) plus many other synths. Do I have this right? I seem to be getting a vastly better deal purchasing Komplete 11.
You have to be very careful with NI pricing and the packages. One of the $199.50 price deals is predicated upon this quoted from the NI site:

"This upgrade only works for users of KOMPLETE 11 SELECT, KOMPLETE KONTROL S-SERIES keyboards, MASCHINE 2 software (included with MASCHINE STUDIO, MASCHINE JAM, and new purchases of MASCHINE and MASCHINE MIKRO), KONTAKT 1-5, SYMPHONY SERIES – COLLECTION or SYMPHONY ESSENTIALS – COLLECTION. You won't be able to install and activate this version unless you own one of the required products listed above!"

There is another Komplete package called Komplete Select that does NOT have Reaktor 6. That price is also $199. Do you have any NI product now? If not there's a possibility to do a two-step deal and get Select for $199 and then get the upgrade I mentioned above for a total of $398 versus a full price of $599. Somebody here asked about doing such a deal but don't remember who.

QAPLA!
Old 06-16-2018, 04:04 AM

Yeah, I’ve got KONTAKT 5 - the NI site shows that entitles me to the upgrade price of $199 for KOMPLETE 11. Crazy, it’s about 10x the value of standalone REAKTOR for the same price!
Scarlett 18i8
Komplete Kontrol A49
Old 06-16-2018, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
You have to be very careful with NI pricing and the packages. One of the $199.50 price deals is predicated upon this quoted from the NI site:

"This upgrade only works for users of KOMPLETE 11 SELECT, KOMPLETE KONTROL S-SERIES keyboards, MASCHINE 2 software (included with MASCHINE STUDIO, MASCHINE JAM, and new purchases of MASCHINE and MASCHINE MIKRO), KONTAKT 1-5, SYMPHONY SERIES – COLLECTION or SYMPHONY ESSENTIALS – COLLECTION. You won't be able to install and activate this version unless you own one of the required products listed above!"

There is another Komplete package called Komplete Select that does NOT have Reaktor 6. That price is also $199. Do you have any NI product now? If not there's a possibility to do a two-step deal and get Select for $199 and then get the upgrade I mentioned above for a total of $398 versus a full price of $599. Somebody here asked about doing such a deal but don't remember who.
I think the pricing on their website is dynamic, meaning it shows the price for someone once they have logged in and click something along the lines of "see your price". I can't remember the exact phrase.
Old 06-16-2018, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotsBiker View Post
I think the pricing on their website is dynamic, meaning it shows the price for someone once they have logged in and click something along the lines of "see your price". I can't remember the exact phrase.
The phrase they use is 'login to see if you qualify for a cheaper version'. All that does is it checks your account and see what you have purchased from them in the past. You don't need to do that to see the cheaper price - all you have to do is to remember what NI product you own and select either 'update' or 'upgrade' and you'll see the price. It's not like on Audio Deluxe where when you login you see the cheaper price which is not based on any prior purchases.

QAPLA!
Old 06-16-2018, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Yes, Komplete 11 and Komplete 11 Ultimate both include Reaktor 6. As well as a TON more stuff. It's a steal at that price.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 06-17-2018, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
The phrase they use is 'login to see if you qualify for a cheaper version'. All that does is it checks your account and see what you have purchased from them in the past. You don't need to do that to see the cheaper price - all you have to do is to remember what NI product you own and select either 'update' or 'upgrade' and you'll see the price. It's not like on Audio Deluxe where when you login you see the cheaper price which is not based on any prior purchases.
That was my point - logging in takes the confusion and anxiety out of the picture if one is unsure.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:21 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I went ahead and bought Komplete 11. In addition to Reaktor 6 it came with a ton of synths, VIs and FX. They even threw in a bonus product and a $25 e-voucher. Now I need to read up on modular synths.
Scarlett 18i8
Komplete Kontrol A49
Old 06-18-2018, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. I went ahead and bought Komplete 11. In addition to Reaktor 6 it came with a ton of synths, VIs and FX. They even threw in a bonus product and a $25 e-voucher. Now I need to read up on modular synths.
If you want to learn more about Reaktor, you can check out a Free tutorial series on Kadenze. https://www.kadenze.com/courses/soun...eaktor-vi/info

You can join as an auditor and view the videos for free. Enjoy the spiral into learning about synths, it's a crazy ride

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 07-04-2018, 01:41 PM

I've been checking out the Kadenze videos, thanks for tip. Owen Vallis is superb. I see what you mean about synthesizers being a rabbit hole
Scarlett 18i8
Komplete Kontrol A49