Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 07-01-2013, 09:50 AM

Default Re: No Waves AAX Native yet?

Yay another sale...

Yeah I was circumspect about today since AAX64 is just a plug format addition to their stable, not a brand-new product. So they can come anytime -- I'm just hoping the shell is all they were needing to re-code. If they have even one or two "AAX64-friendly" things they have to toss into their non-shell plug-in code we're kinda screwed on getting these very quick. Hopefully they're just in QA and all those April PT11 "Demo" rigs are testing the Waves plugs for us. Fingers crossed!

"I survived the Great Launch Predicaments of PT11 2013."
Old 07-01-2013, 09:59 AM

And the link to protools expert's post explaining the AAX64 'delays' they just sent out on facebook and twitter doesn't imply there is going to be an AAX surprise from waves within very very shortly
Old 07-01-2013, 10:44 AM

We don't know what causes these delays, really. But it is worth waiting if they get a STABLE release out. That said, I'm quite happy with how many AAX64 plugs there are right now, compared to the MIX-->HD and OS9-->OSX transitions. Those were a major PITA.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:08 AM

It's a good thing for early PT11 adopters that there've been a few big names and quite some less known developers that provided aax64 plugins as soon as last week.

However, as it looks now, it will at least take months before protools 11 will become the serious mixing software pt 10 already is, just because of the absence of the most important plugins out there.

Meanwhile it's cool to look at PT11 and do some tracking as well

And It would be great if I am proved wrong within a few weeks
Old 07-02-2013, 03:43 AM

Waves said they would have it WITH the PT11 release. I re-upped my WUP because of it. Need it now!
Old 07-02-2013, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
Waves said they would have it WITH the PT11 release. I re-upped my WUP because of it. Need it now!
It should be any day now. Waves has no PACE excuse :)
Old 07-02-2013, 06:54 AM

I'm stoked that iZotope released 3 plugins yesterday or the day before. Some email responses I'd read from them made me think they would be late to the party. So their release was a great and unexpected surprise. I'm hoping that Alloy 2 follows shortly.

Totally stoked that McDSP finally dropped.

Now, when Plug & Mix and Wave Arts land, I'll be almost at parity with where I was in PT 10. Sweet!

Chris
Old 07-02-2013, 07:23 AM

I think we're getting close on Waves - several users sassed them a bit on their FB page where they re-posted the PTExpert AAX Delay article. They remained engaged and answered questions, including a statement of "it's our policy not to announce release dates before a product is ready....wouldn't say very soon if we didn't mean it" -- so I'm taking that to mean that they feel they are close. Here's hoping. This isn't really a new "product release" though, but they must be treating the added format with the same view as a new release.

Either way, with some AAX64 stuff starting to drop this week (McDSP, iZotope, Toontrack updated 2 titles and more on the way possibly this week) we are seeing some progress. Most others it's been SDK creep & Pace maybe....but Waves, just look how many plugs they have to QA once Waveshell has AAX64 and wires into the AAE properly.

I think the fact that Waves aren't bound by Pace, yet re-posted the PTExpert article (which mentions SDK) confirms what the article and Angus w/ FXPansion both talked about with the SDK revisions being an issue. They added to some of the wait. SDK tweaks certainly went quiet after PT11 release, making this just a matter of time.

"I survived the Great Launch Predicaments of PT11 2013."
Old 07-09-2013, 09:45 AM

Waves released VST 64 over a year later than they originally announced. AAX 64 for Waves is beginning to smell like deja vu all over again.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:12 PM

I was tempted to buy some of their new "non bundled" plugins during their recent sales but have decided to wait until the PT11 versions are released.

In fact, I'm waiting on PT11 until the Waves PT11 compatible versions are released.

Feels kinda weird to be honest. Usually upgrade almost right away.