Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 06-24-2008, 11:32 AM

Default No Output with New System

Hey Everyone, long time since I've been on these forums. I posted this in the m-powered section as well but I'm hoping to get some feedback from the brains in here. I appreciate it.

"I just upgraded to a brand new iMac Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz 24" on OSX 10.5.3 and have been using the M-Audio Firewire 1814 with no issues on an earlier model of iMac Duo Core 2Ghz with OSX 10.4. I just finished installing all the newest software from DigiStore M-Powered 7.4.2 and latest Driver off the M-Audio website 1.8.3 for the 1814. My interface is being recognized on ProTools start up and I see it in System Prefs as well. I'm not getting any input signal on my firewire interface with either iTunes or ProTools. I have external powered monitors hooked up as before and headphones with no sound.

Anyone have a clue? "

Thanks,
Allen
Old 06-24-2008, 12:08 PM

Default Re: No Output with New System

Just realized there is no input as well. Nothing showing up for signal in ProTools.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:06 PM

Ok, got it resolved. It is a known issue with current M-Audio driver and new OSX 10.5.3. Need to go into System Prefs/ M-Audio/Hardware and change from internal -digital to external-digital to in upper right, then in lower left panel change from SPDIF to adat for both input and output , then change them both back to spdif. Now go back to sync source in upper right corner and change back to internal-digtal unmuted.

Caution: Turn your speakers down before doing this or you will have a subwoofer jumping off the floor like I just did. LOL

You will need to do this every time you restart your system until a new driver is released.

Allen
Old 06-25-2008, 12:47 AM

Just when I thought I had PT working, I seem to have run into the same issue as you, albeit with a different setup. I am using an original Mbox with a dual core Intel iMac (2.0GHz, 4 gigs RAM). However, when I tried to find the Mbox in the system preferences, it is not listed. The Mbox 2 and the Mbox Pro are listed, but not the original Mbox. I'm at a loss...am I missing something?

Is this just another case of OE (operator error) on my part, or is there a bigger issue at hand?

The Kid
Old 06-25-2008, 01:01 AM

Ok, at least part of this is OE on my part...I have everything working. However, I am still a little baffled as to why my Mbox does not appear anywhere in the system preferences. Anyone have a clue?

The Kid.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:28 AM

Angry Re: No Output with New System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Hallada View Post
Ok, got it resolved. It is a known issue with current M-Audio driver and new OSX 10.5.3. Need to go into System Prefs/ M-Audio/Hardware and change from internal -digital to external-digital to in upper right, then in lower left panel change from SPDIF to adat for both input and output , then change them both back to spdif. Now go back to sync source in upper right corner and change back to internal-digtal unmuted.

Caution: Turn your speakers down before doing this or you will have a subwoofer jumping off the floor like I just did. LOL

You will need to do this every time you restart your system until a new driver is released.

Allen
Hello, I realize this post is a few years old, hopefully you're still on the forum. I searched this issue and thought I'd try to contact you as it was the nearest subject in search. I have a Macbook 10.6.8 ProTools M Powered with Firewire 1814, current drivers. The other day, out of the blue, suddenly I have no output audio. There is signal coming in as evidenced by the signal meter. Although no audio in headphones. It appears to record audio and playback as evidenced in the waveforms, but no audio. The only thing I can think of is that a few days earlier my computer acted weird, with the spinning wheel, browser working slow and weird. Rebooting computer seemed to take care of that but not for ProTools/M Audio. Any help appreciated