Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 05-12-2019, 05:20 AM

Default Creating Layout with auto assigned track broken in Eucon 19.5

Hi all,

In Eucon 18.3 and below, I could scroll my Artist Mix to given track and save a layout with auto assigned track out of it. This seems to be broken in 19.5
When I save a layout and recall it, the Artist Mix scroll to somewhere else. However, already saved layouts (with Eucon 18.3) will recall the tracks correctly.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Cheers,
Stefan
Old 05-12-2019, 07:27 AM

Default Re: Creating Layout with auto assigned track broken in Eucon 19.5

Hi! I have the same problem. But what is even worse for me is that my old layouts from 18.3 aren't working either. My Pro Tools screen don't jump anywhere at all.
However, when I make a new layout with only assigned tracks, that new one works, but I can't make the screen jump to view those tracks. Before I could use Crtl + sel on a track to jump that track into view on the screen. That was very useful when using VCA spill but now I have to spill the tracks then use the mouse to scroll to view those tracks.
Old 05-12-2019, 01:15 PM

Hi again,

After reading the "What's new in Eucon 19.5" document, I found you know have to press Ctrl AND Shift + SEL on on a track to make the Pro Tools screen to scroll into view. Not sure why the needed to change that.

Unfortunately I haven't found a way to make layouts work like they did before.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:16 AM
Avid

This was to align the surfaces with PT workflows.
Old 05-13-2019, 03:39 PM

Hi Eddie,

Could you try to expand on that a little? I'm not sure I understand what those workflows are.

I have always liked to hit HOME to get to the top of my session and save that as my " All Tracks" layout, and then hit END, where I have all my Master tracks and VCA's and save that. Both had all channels set to auto assign. That made both the surfaces and the Pro Tools screen jump to the top and the end respectively when using those layout, which to me was a great way to get to my masters very easily without having to press Ctrl+Shift+SEL on the leftmost track on my Master layout. I really miss that now.

Best regards,
Thomas
Old 05-13-2019, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasHQ View Post
Both had all channels set to auto assign.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding but if both "layouts" have everything set to auto-assign, you aren't really using layouts. Just banking everything to the top and end?

So you can still do what you've been doing with home/end on the Artist Mix. Just turn on in Pro Tools Preferences>Mixing>Controllers
Edit follows banking
Mix follows banking

(or whatever you want)
Old 05-13-2019, 11:12 PM

Yes, that's true, but having them as layouts on a couple of soft keys on a custom user page that I have called up all the time is just a little more convenient than having to press Shift+ BANK. Lazy, I know, but I have just gotten so used to doing that way.
Old 05-14-2019, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
This was to align the surfaces with PT workflows.
Hi Eddie,
what you mean is the change from ctrl + sel button to ctrl AND shift + sel button, right? Yeah, that makes sense and I'm perfectly fine with that.

coming back to the initial issue.
I'm actually working on a project with 26 Songs, about 100-130 tracks each, all organised the same way, like percussion starting at track 65. So I used to create a layout with auto assigned tracks starting at track 65. This was a very convenient way to jump directly to a desired section but still being able to bank.

My question, is this now broken? I don't think that this was intentional, because the already stored layouts are recalling correctly. But I'm not able to edit or create new layouts anymore. And the weird thing is, the stored layout is randomly jumping somewhere, like starting at track 53 instead of 65. And then it will always store the same block of tracks, no matter where I actually am. I also disabled PT Control app and my Artist transport (which i use to select the layouts). That makes no difference.

BTW, I like the new features for selecting/attention tracks. Also using D-Commands and being very familiar with that workflow. Thumbs up!

cheers,
Stefan
Old 05-14-2019, 12:36 AM

Why not use “scroll to track” if what your usage is for is just jumping to a track?

You can put that on a specific softkey with the track number to jump to a track as a macro.

Eucon>Scroll to track
KEY>”track number”
Old 05-14-2019, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Why not use “scroll to track” if what your usage is for is just jumping to a track?

You can put that on a specific softkey with the track number to jump to a track as a macro.

Eucon>Scroll to track
KEY>”track number”
Good point. Just had a look at that. But unfortunately, I understand that since Pro Tools 12.8 scroll to track doesn't work with track number anymore.

Quote:
Find Tracks with Ease using Scroll to Track in Pro Tools 12.8.2. In Pro Tools 12.8.2 Scroll to Track has been improved, giving you the ability to identify a track by name, rather than a number, and scroll to it in the Edit or Mix Window.
I just checked that and it seems that you can only search for names now and not for track numbers. The track names are changing in my sessions, so this is not a good workaround.

But thanks anyway!