Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 07-31-2016, 01:03 PM

Default Re: there was an error posting the project

I've got the same problem. Have 1 project but couldn't create more. Can you please help?
Old 08-08-2016, 06:52 PM

Exactly the same problem. I have no open project and no available project in my account.
Please help. Thank you.
Old 09-07-2016, 04:17 PM

Same issue here. I had 3 project and deleted 2. When I check my Avid account it shows that 1/3 projects is used. I can still open the existing project, but am unable to create any new ones. I've been considering subscribing to get some room for additional projects, but this will prevent me from doing that.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:01 AM

hi i have the same problem to...please help me

Could not complete your request because Assertion in "..\ Document\ UProjectBundleMgr.cpp", line 452.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:56 AM

Default Re: There was an error posting the project

I am having the same issue! I upgraded from First to Pro Tools 12.6 while working in the studio with my colleagues. They shared a project with me and I haven't been able to open it despite 3 days of trying to fix the issue.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled PTF and PT12, signed in and out of those and my AvidLink, checked my cloud, upgraded my cloud, restarted the computer, deleted the old preferences files...I feel like if there is something to be done on my computer, it is now officially above my pay grade.

I have spent days trying to fix it, and I haven't even received a response from Avid Support. I sincerely hope they're willing to extend my subscription to cover the lost productivity this week. This is an absolutely embarrassing introduction to such a venerable product. Logic has never let me down like this!

Case No. 03800384
Old 10-10-2019, 09:00 AM

I am having the same issue! I upgraded from First to Pro Tools 12.6 while working in the studio with my colleagues. They shared a project with me and I haven't been able to open it despite 3 days of trying to fix the issue.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled PTF and PT12, signed in and out of those and my AvidLink, checked my cloud, upgraded my cloud, restarted the computer, deleted the old preferences files...I feel like if there is something to be done on my computer, it is now officially above my pay grade.

I have spent days trying to fix it, and I haven't even received a response from Avid Support. I sincerely hope they're willing to extend my subscription to cover the lost productivity this week. This is an absolutely embarrassing introduction to such a venerable product. Logic has never let me down like this!

Case No. 03800384
Old 10-10-2019, 10:34 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbass926 View Post

Case No. 03800384
Hi,

I've alerted the Audio team regarding this. Jillian from the support team should be in touch with you within the day.

Thank you,
Tope
Old 06-17-2020, 08:20 AM

My situation: I just bought a Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 which "came with" Pro Tools First and Ableton Live 10 Lite. I went for Pro Tools first as it's software I was very familiar with in the past. I have been unable to use it at all thanks to this same error.

The general situation: Well this problem seems to be five years old and frankly I'm quite surprised that it's still an issue. I had to create an account (two days ago) and wait for approval to even post on this forum (just got it two days later) so now I can add my name to the list of many to receive whatever help it is to get Pro Tools working. Why the solution couldn't have been just posted on the forum I don't know. So yes, add my name.

However, in the meantime I figured I'd have a look at Ableton Live 10 Lite. The only limitation I can see (as far as I can tell) is a project is limited to 8 audio tracks plus 8 MIDI tracks, which covers my needs anyway. From the looks of it Pro Tools is limited to three projects in total so to be honest, I doubt I'll ever use it now anyway.

If it had worked off the bat, I'd probably have hit the limit and then subscribed. Now I can see that this is an issue that effects most people, and not just the free version, I'll probably stick with Ableton.