Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2020, 06:27 AM

Default Avid Video Engine Pro Tools

Hello!

Quick question about Avid Video Engine:

I am running Pro Tools 2020.9.1 on a Windows 10 PC.

I receive "The Video Engine Not Installed" error message when the program starts.

I run the AvidVideoEngineSetup.exe video file and receive the following error message:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is still unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package :Avid Video Engine msi' in the box below"

I have reinstalled Pro Tools completely and still receive the same error message after the new install. Any thought on how to fix this situation? Thank you!
Old 09-23-2020, 08:39 AM

Default Re: Avid Video Engine Pro Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkatona View Post
Hello!

Quick question about Avid Video Engine:

I am running Pro Tools 2020.9.1 on a Windows 10 PC.

I receive "The Video Engine Not Installed" error message when the program starts.

I run the AvidVideoEngineSetup.exe video file and receive the following error message:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is still unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package :Avid Video Engine msi' in the box below"

I have reinstalled Pro Tools completely and still receive the same error message after the new install. Any thought on how to fix this situation? Thank you!
You have to reinstall it after every update, and it's a seperate install now. The error should have given you a file path. I'm not in front of my machine, but the file is in the documents / Avid folder, I believe.

tg
Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.6.5 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Kontrol S61 mk3 / Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 7 / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection X
Old 09-23-2020, 09:10 AM

Default Re: Avid Video Engine Pro Tools

Try here for information.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction