Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 03-31-2020, 02:04 PM

Default Subscription active and paid but cannot launch pro tools

Hi there. Maybe someone has had this issue. This morning I was using Pro Tools Ultimate fine on my currently active account. I updated to Pro Tools 2020.3 to try the new folders feature. Now Pro Tools cannot find a license and will not launch. I re-installed the latest ilok and synced that. I reinserted my ilok. Avid Link says Pro Tools 2020.3 is Activated, but if I go to my avid.com login, Pro Tools Ultimate says it expired in February and does not show that I paid it like it did earlier this morning. I also cannot call support because my account is now not showing active on the site which gives me my active ID. I'd say that this is not a good system for issues with de-activation. I e-mailed support but who knows when that may resolve due to all of us working remotely. I have the receipt from avid from March 4th for a month subscription. It is not April 4 yet :-D I was jusssst working and need to finish this editing for a client. Argh. Heya, Avid, are you having website licensing issues? Please help me out over here :-D

That said, please, all of ya, take care of yourselves and stay in if you can. Love to ya!
http://www.mckaygarner.com
Old 03-31-2020, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Subscription active and paid but cannot launch pro tools

Hey Brother,

Even though this is not an Avid support forum I will escalate this now so someone will contact you who can look at your account. Mods can’t but we do have some avenues to help so hang tight.

And stay Safe!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 03-31-2020, 02:13 PM

You, sir, are a super hero. Any help is greatly appreciated by us all trying to work in these unusual and trying times.
Old 03-31-2020, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavor32 View Post
You, sir, are a super hero. Any help is greatly appreciated by us all trying to work in these unusual and trying times.
Glad to help. Escalated to Avid Support so someone will contact you soon here or via email. I will watch this and mane sure you are taken care of and not just leave it and see if you get help.

Thanks for the kind words. We need possitive things now and for the future. I truly hope this horrible virus and these aweful times it brought with it makes people more open to others and less egotistic and maybe learn to be kind and stay that way after this blows over. Hope we will see a different world after this calms down. We can all hope and miracles do happen. I have learned a LOT hearing about all the sad things we read and see on the news and I am sorry to go off topic but I felt appropriate to mention as tou said such kind words All The Best.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 03-31-2020, 04:04 PM

I received a response from Avid. I switched from $400 yearly to a monthly plan on March 4th and have been using version 2019.x up until this morning. Today, I updated to Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.3.0 and Pro Tools stopped working. Perhaps this was because my version of PT that was perpetual was 2019.x and the license for that was seen on my ilok. Roger that.

I am a bit confused because it now says that going back to perpetual is a $599 crossgrade fee instead of the $400 that I was paying yearly, even though my Avid Ultimate license was active the whole time before (unknowingly) "crossgrading" to a monthly subscription model. I had only planned to switch to monthly temporarily (these are uncertain times) instead of paying $400 annually as I finish building my new mix room and am on Covid lockdown in limbo for that and most things. I also see a page on the Avid site that says the monthly fee will be only $59.99 for the first two years but I paid $79.99. It's a mess. Am I going to be penalized for switching to a (costlier) monthly fee than my continuous $400 yearly fee that I was paying?

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ate-Crossgrade

Avid support told me to activate the subscription license and now I see this new page and policy dated March 13 saying it is unreversible. Argh.
Old 03-31-2020, 05:08 PM

I’ll get Someone to look into that asap and sort it out. The issue is you cant go from a yearly support plan to a monthly subscription and back again and thats where the computers did what they were told to do.

Will ask the tech support to see what they can do about that.
Hang tight.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————