Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 08-28-2017, 10:43 AM

Default Does PT 12 Satellite capability built in?

Hello,

I'd like to know if the "non" HD version of PT 12 software has the built-in Satellite feature.

There should be a tab for it when you select the Peripherals menu.

I own a PT HD 10 system which would be the Administrator System. I want to know if I purchase a PT 12(non-HD) license that it will allow for "Satellite" usage.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-28-2017, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Does PT 12 Satellite capability built in?

http://www.avid.com/pro-tools/compare

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
http://www.avid.com/pro-tools/compare

Thanks! Unfortunately, I believe that only means that you require the HD version to be Satellite Link Administator. I believe a Mac with a non-HD version of Pro Tools(11,12..) can be a "Satellite" but I need someone in the know to either acknowledge this or say this is not the case.
Old 08-28-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando View Post
Thanks! Unfortunately, I believe that only means that you require the HD version to be Satellite Link Administator. I believe a Mac with a non-HD version of Pro Tools(11,12..) can be a "Satellite" but I need someone in the know to either acknowledge this or say this is not the case.
No it means exactly what it says... "Satellite Link", i.e. the ability to link systems together, it did not say anything about administering them did it.

You require Pro Tools HD. The Pro Tools reference guide would also have answered your question.

There have been previous license options that grant satellite capabilities, like Video Satellite LE. Maybe you are recalling those.
Old 08-29-2017, 05:53 AM

This is from Avis's site. Satellite Link Quick Reference Guide:

The administrator system must be running Pro Tools HD with HD hardware (HDX, HD Native, or HD Core) and a SYNC peripheral (SYNC HD or SYNC I/O). Satellite systems do not require HD hardware or software, although functionality will be limited without it. For instance, you cannot start playback from a Satellite Pro Tools system that is not using an HD Playback Engine.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:22 AM

Default Does PT 12 Satellite capability built in?

You mean this? http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...roubleshooting

Again I expect the thing confusing you here is the Video Satellite LE option, or now bundled in Pro Tools standard. If that is what you want you can do that, but that is all... e,g. See http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home...o-satellite-le

Nothing here sounds like you wanted Video Satellite, right? You need to pay careful attention to everything in that Avid link you are looking at, and the systems requirements documentation it links to, all telling you clearly that you need Pro Tools HD.