Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2020, 01:18 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools won't maximize after minimizing

Mate!! You've saved my soul!!! That's worked for me!!! Thanks!!
Cheers!
Old 05-14-2020, 01:22 AM

Mate! Thanks so much.... it's a clumsy fix but it WORKED!!
Many thanks!!
Cheers!
Old 08-06-2020, 06:01 PM

I just had this issue too, and mine too was resolved by removing a CD from the drive. I also had media player open in the background, which might have been causing the conflict. But, when i closed media player it didn't resolve it. it did when the CD was removed.
Old 10-12-2020, 05:32 PM

Default Help With Midi

Hi There,

Trying to dabble with midi and virtual instruments and have hit a brick wall. In the past, there was always a keyboard guy around to take care of that, but now when trying to record myself, I'm stuck.

I have a M-Audio USB Midisport 2x2 interface and a Kaysound MK 4209 keyboard. I can see the led flashing on the Midisport box indicating it is connected to USB, and another LED flashing indicating the box sees midi from the keyboard.

But in Pro Tools Midi Studio Setup, none of these devices are showing up. In Midi Devices, I see the Midisport inputs and have one selected.

When I open the Mini Grand plug in on an instrument track, I can tinkle the keys with a mouse, but not with the MK 4902 keyboard.

What am I missing?

PT HD Ultimate 2020.9
Native HD PCIe Card
192 I/O
Windows 10 Pro
Old 10-12-2020, 05:49 PM

Default Help with midi

I posted this over on the HD forum, but thought I post it here because there are more visitors.

Trying to dabble with midi and virtual instruments and have hit a brick wall. In the past, there was always a keyboard guy around to take care of that, but now when trying to record myself, I'm stuck.

I have a M-Audio USB Midisport 2x2 interface and a Kaysound MK 4209 keyboard. I can see the led flashing on the Midisport box indicating it is connected to USB, and another LED flashing indicating the box sees midi from the keyboard.

But in Pro Tools Midi Studio Setup, none of these devices are showing up. In Midi Devices, I see the Midisport inputs and have one selected.

When I open the Mini Grand plug in on an instrument track, I can tinkle the keys with a mouse, but not with the MK 4902 keyboard.

What am I missing?

PT HD Ultimate 2020.9
Native HD PCIe Card
192 I/O
Windows 10 Pro
Old 10-12-2020, 11:35 PM

Default Re: Help With Midi

Couple of things... (I'm a Mac user so no windows troubleshooting, but...)

1. You have to have midi tracks and instrument tracks record armed to play them. Press the red record button on the track, and see if you are getting any activity in the track meters when you play the keyboard. When you make a new instrument or midi track it usually defaults to "all" as input, so you should be fine.

2. If that's not working, check up in the transport section of the edit window, and see if midi activity is detected when you play the keyboard. If not, Pro tools is not seeing your keyboard/ midisport.

Windows midi drivers are a bit more fiddly than Mac, and you may have to check your control panel setting to make sure the midisport driver is working properly.

Good luck!
Old 10-13-2020, 09:19 AM

Things to check out(from a Windows user):

#1-In the Midi Studio Setup window, nothing simply "shows up" there, you must add it/them manually. Assuming the keyboard connects to the M-Audio 2x2 with a standard MIDI cable(keyboard MIDI OUT to 2x2 MIDI IN(note which input you connect to), and assuming you have installed the driver for the 2x2; open the Midi Studio setup page and create a new instrument. Name it as you like. Brand and model are not important(or required). The crucial setting is the Input Port and it will probably look like M-Audio 2x2 In1[Emulated] or something to that effect (keep in mind that Pro Tools will only "see" the 2x2,but anything plugged into it should work). The idea is to tell Pro Tools where to "look for" incoming Midi. Output can remain blank as you are not sending midi back to the keyboard and all input channels should still be selected(in blue).

#2-Create a stereo INSTRUMENT track, insert MiniGrand(wait for it to finish loading). Mouse click on the keys to make sure the plugin is working. Then hit the Record button on the INSTRUMENT track. Hopefully, playing the keys will trigger piano sounds

This is the most basic configuration. If it works, go make some music(we can get fancier later on) If it doesn't work, maybe try to find a local Pro Tooler to come by and help troubleshoot.

Check the picture as it shows my configuration. The only difference would be the name that you put in, and the Input Port.
Attached Images
File Type: png Midi Studio.png (16.4 KB, 0 views)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 10-13-2020, 01:30 PM

Everything seems set right. Not sure I understand the "emulated" midi inputs, but I've tried both in Midi Studio.

I am able to open a third party drum loop programs with Pro Tools closed and the keyboard seems to work fine, which lead me to believe it's a Pro Tools setting.

Is there a global midi setting I am missing instead of a session setting?

Media Man
Old 10-13-2020, 01:51 PM

I don't think so. Can you post a pic of your Midi Studio window? [Emulated] is just something that PT seems to add to most Midi Input Port options(not sure what its emulating...)
Does that keyboard have a USB connection? If it does, try using that instead of midi cable to the M-Audio.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 10-13-2020, 04:17 PM

Untitled.jpg