Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > Buy & Sell
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2023, 03:46 PM

Default NEVE Capricorn Digital mixing console FS

I’ll come back and add more info later when I have a moment.

I have a fully loaded Capricorn that I brought back to life last year. True digital mixer that runs off MADI. I’ll list all the boxes and cards later as I need to inventory them. Essentially you can run up to 192 channels of MADI to and from protools to the console.

Crazy surgical EQ’s and excellent compressors.

But wait… there’s more ….

I literally have a 10x15 room filled with spare parts, ftom chassis and frames to modules power supplies and dsp racks. Not only is there enough parts to build a second board but will certainly keep this one running for another decade.

Now the bad, this console isn’t for the faint of heart. Like most older consoles it does require regular maintenance and attention. Learning to use a hot air station and replace smd capacitors is a god send.

So if you’re kind of a geek, want a board that was close to a million 25 years ago.. it may be for you. This one is fully operational.

I haven’t set a price yet. I’m open to reasonable offers… I would suggest anyone interested that they would need to be prepared to drive to Austin TX and pack and load. Shipping is far from reasonable. Oh and if it’s too big, you can always remove a bucket and make it a 24 fader desk. True mixing console, NOT a controller.

Hit me up if you want to talk more about it.

Oh and I’m only selling because I’m bored and want to master a different console.

Peace
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1FFCC003-98A6-429C-A15F-AAFC3D0AFDAE.jpg (43.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-04-2023, 06:27 AM

Default Re: NEVE Capricorn Digital mixing console FS

Ok inventory coming in a few days.

Price point $12k

Would consider trades of equal value or plus cash.

Looking for these things

Studer A827 or Otari MTR100A
RME HDSPE MADI FX PCIe card
Lexicon 960L w/aes/ebu
TC system 6000 w/aes/ebu
Perhaps some HDX cards with Avid MADI interfaces