Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 02-12-2018, 09:44 AM

Default Casio CDP120 not showing up in MIDI studio

Hi, Sorry for the novice question here. I am running PT|F on Win10 (64, new install) and can not get PT to see the keyboard as an input choice. I have launched under Admin, with Run as Admin, and even when I create a "new instrument" in Midi Studio, it does not allow me to select any input (the button remains grayed out and titled "none". I have reinstalled PT|F. PT sees and records audio from the same keyboard coming through our interface. Help! I am a decent tech guy but not an audio guy, that is my son (he is studying audio recording). Guidance?

BTW, I have drafted up a simple word doc for installing PF|F on a PC for primarily Mac users, for folks no as familiar with the Windows chaos environment. Free to anyone who wants it.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:59 PM

Default Re: Casio CDP120 not showing up in MIDI studio

OK figured it out. I needed to have my Casio turned on prior to launching PT|F. Kind of basic, sorry. I had thought I had tried all the start up sequences, but clearly I missed something.