Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 10-03-2011, 03:32 AM

Default Clicks in Pro Tools during recording and playback

I've just recently encountered something weird while recording with my MBox 2 and PT08LE. Very audible clicks, that repeat the same pattern and float between left and right channels. It is only audible when there's a strong enough signal in, and the track is record enabled.

On playback, however, it also occurs, and affects all sessions.

Just playing synths through the MBox without Pro Tools running works great. No clicks. Recording in Logic through MBox works flawlessly. The same with listening to Itunes through MBox.

I've eliminated other tracks (this occured in the middle of a recording) by starting a new session with just one audio track. I've eliminated the problem coming from the instrument – it affects different instruments. It's not a plug-in – the new test session has none.

I have deleted prefernces and restarted (a few times), but the problem remains.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Clicks in Pro Tools during recording and playback

Sounds like your clock is not set right. Check in your sessions window and make sure your digital clock matches your session settings.