Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2020, 09:39 PM

Default Pro tools Trial - Not Ultimate?

I want to trial run Pro tools, not Pro tools ultimate.
on the Avid page I selected pro tools (not ultimate) and downloaded the trail link from that path , but Ultimate was what ended up being installed.
I already know the ultimate features as i use it at work. I want to know exactly what Pro tools does not have that is ultimate exclusive? (aside from any surround features as thats obvious in the comparison chart).
The comparison page does not specify exactly what "advanced editing and Automation features" actually are. Those are what i want to know. So an ultimate trial wont help me me learn that.
I use ultimate at work, but am hoping that non ultimate will be good enough for home, just so you know thats why i'm looking into it.

How can i try the trial or the Non ultimate Pro tools?

Thanks
Old 01-12-2020, 10:51 PM

Default Re: Pro tools Trial - Not Ultimate?

There is only one software to be installed. If your license shows HD/Ultimate license then HD/Ultimate features are unlocked. Simple as that.

You might want to ask Avid Support to send you license bundle without Ultimate. If they don't do that your only option is to buy one-month subscription for the standard software.
Old 01-13-2020, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Pro tools Trial - Not Ultimate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylukedg View Post
The comparison page does not specify exactly what "advanced editing and Automation features" actually are. Those are what i want to know. So an ultimate trial wont help me me learn that.
I use ultimate at work, but am hoping that non ultimate will be good enough for home, just so you know thats why i'm looking into it.
Download the Reference manual. Search for "Ultimate". After you skip past the setup chapters, you'll be taken to all the Ultimate only features and explanations.

You'd be hard pressed to find/know about all the Ultimate features missing by using the version that lacks them. I mean, things like "Auto Glide" -- would you even know to look for it missing by just running a trial of regular?