Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 09-11-2014, 10:19 PM

Default PT10 won't play after using a session on another computer

I recorded an artist at my universities recording studio and took the session files home to mix it, when I try and open it in PT this comes up
http://imgur.com/bM3syO7
Keep in mind I was using a different playback engine, IO settings and a mac at school where as at home I'm using windows 8.
When I hit OK everything opens but when I try to play it PT just pauses for a few seconds then the stop button flashes once and that's it.
I've never had a problem like this before and I'm sure there is a easy solution to this.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thankyou, Jules :)
Old 09-11-2014, 10:59 PM

Default Re: PT10 won't play after using a session on another computer

Try holding down the N key when ProTools is starting up. It should take you directly to the audio engine select page where you can select the correct engine.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:30 AM

You get that message cause that's what's saved in the session, THAT playback engine. You're just saying OK to use YOUR current playback engine. (In other words, you EXPECT This to happen, but Pro Tools is making sure you know it didn't find the hardware that you used previously) - Not a biggie, a common instance when moving sessions to different location.

Not hearing anything - you need to assign your I/O to YOUR hardware. The previous session may have everything routed to "Out 1-2" whereas YOUR hardware uses "MAIN" as your output, etc. It should import all buses you've used, just the hardware routing you need to fix.

Only playing a couple seconds and stopping. Was a piece of audio selected when it was saved and its simply playing only this selection? Press RETURN to move the playhead to the top of the session.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:48 AM

Thank you so much guys, I had already fixed the IO settings prior to posting this but what I needed to do was hold down N and change H/W buffer size to 256 samples instead of 512 samples which what it's usually on