Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2015, 11:19 AM

Default Fast Track Ultra not working on Yosemite even with drivers

Hello,

I haven't used my M-Audio Fast Track Ultra since August. It was working perfectly until then, but I hadn't changed my OS for a very long time until I upgraded directly to Yosemite this Christmas. Now that I'm back at home and I tried using it, I discovered it was not working anymore, and I found out on the Internet and this forum all the compatibility problems everyone was having.

The thing is that, even though I downloaded the latest drivers (version 2.3.3), it is still not working properly. The laptop and the M-Audio software recognizes it, but no sound is coming out from the speakers.

But... something weird is happening! It does play sound from YouTube for example, but exaggeratedly distorted and annoying.

Is it still a compatibility problem or there might be something else? Should I forget about using this M-Audio interface anymore?

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you very much.