Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2009, 03:35 PM

Default 24-Bit Adat Bridge broken or not ?

Hi there,

I just got a 24-bit adat bridge but I'm having troubles with it. When I select any of the adat inputs I just get alots of hard ( almost white ) noise out of them.

The adat bridge is connected on the legacy port of my 192 D with the propper Y cableling. It's setting up fine in the hardware setup and peripherals, shows up in the I/O menu and even all leds are following.
Clock is connected from the 192 and seems to be syncing perfectly.

Nothing is wrong with the legacy port itself on the 192 D as I tried 2 diffrent ones with same noisy result.
Also no problem with the convertors / devices hooked up to the adat ports as they seem to clock nicely even from the adat bridge.

So my question is : is the adat bridge just broken or am I missing something here ?

Best Regards
Steve