Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Old 12-27-2008, 03:18 PM

Default How do I set up axiom 25

I am a complete midi noob and received an axiom 25 as a christmas present.Can anyone walk me through configuring this thing all the way to getting sounds going.I literally have worked with midi for about an hour before and need some schooling.I would like to use it with virtual instruments which came with PT8 as well as Strike.Hopefully I will be able to use axiom effectively.Thank you.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:33 PM

Default Re: How do I set up axiom 25

Hook up midi cable from Axiom to your midi interface.Open PT and create an instrument track.Load your virtual instrument into an insert on the instrument track.You should then be good to go.

I use an Axiom 49 and love it.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:06 AM

I wish is was that easy.Do I need to setup as a peripheral?or in midi studio?Also how do I load sound banks in axiom25?
Old 12-28-2008, 09:31 AM

Try to follow me the best you can.... Go to M-Audio.com.. download the Enigma software.. this will allow you to send banks to your axiom so you can then select presets from the loaded banks... ok ... I have a 49.. im pretty sure this is going to work for the 25... open Enigma BEFORE PRO TOOLS.. select your Axiom 25 defaults from the list on left... then select preset 20 from the menu below, now send that bank and preset to your machine by clicking those two arrows pointing to the right (above top list).. your machines lcd will blink SYS EX a few times... close enigma.. on your axiom hit recall and make sure the correct preset is up (20) in this case... Open Pro tools, watch this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL9hR...eature=related... DONT LISTEN TO HIS PRESETS IF YOU ARE USING PT8 but the videos are good... let us know how you make out.. Good Luck!!
Old 12-28-2008, 11:28 AM

ok I have done that.How about setting up as far as a MIDI Device and as a Peripherals?I I have AXIOM in as a USB as well as a Mackie Control HUI in on another USB.I am having issues on how to configure.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:18 PM

did you watch pt. 2 and 3 of that video??
Old 12-29-2008, 04:18 AM

Yes. My issue, I believe is on how to configure Axiom.I have it coming into computer thru a USB.What is correct way of cofiguring/ routing?Peripheal? do I need to add as an instrument in midi studio?The videos helped greatly but my Axiom is not being seen by Pro Tools.I also GABA a Mackie HUI coming in via USB if that makes a difference.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:25 AM

Got ya.. hold off on the HUI, Is PT seeing the HUI?? First MIdi is Crazy!!! Im pretty new too but im feeling pretty good about understanding the deep config stuff, learning by mistakes ya know! haha.... anyway.. No. 1... Mak sure you installed the axiom to your computer correctly... the comp. has to see it first (Correctly).. In Device manager make sure under the Sound Devices, etc tab it is actually showing up twice 1. Axiom 25 USB Driver 2. Axiom 25 USB MIDI Driver.. ok as long as it is there, installed correctly, Pro Tools should see it, open PT.. for stuff that IS NOT connected through standard MIDI cables you do not NEED midi studio... That is for organization of MIDI Devices, and routing of harware connected via MIDI cable..so Go right to Peripherals Drop down an available "color" .. Receive From.. choose Axiom, Send To.. Axiom... Put Ch. on 8 Should Be good!!! Let me know!!
Old 12-30-2008, 11:46 AM

I have Mackie HUI coming thru a M Audio UNO 1-In/1-Out USB Bus-Powered MIDI Interface and it was set up in peripherals to receive from USB emulated device and send to USB emulated device.It has worked perfectly from day 1.I now have Axiom 25.I have to use regular USB cable to power up Axiom 25 so is the regular USB cable,which came with Axiom,all I need to work with my rig or do I need an additional MIDI cable such as an additional M Audio UNO 1-In/1-Out USB Bus-Powered MIDI Interface which I have?I plugged in additional UNO 1-In/1-Out USB Bus-Powered MIDI Interface and regular USB cable and now in peripherals I dont see USB emulated device in the receive from or send to pull down menus so my HUI isnt being seen.

When at Setup>MIDI>Input Devices there is nothing.

How do I get Pro Tools to recognize HUI and Axiom 25?

How do I setup AXiom 25 in Setup>MIDI>MIDI Studio Setup?

How do I get HUI and Axiom working at same time?

please help this is getting frustrating for this MIDI Noob

Old 12-30-2008, 12:09 PM

NO MIDI CABLES... USB ONLY... make sure your computer is seeing the axiom as I said in the last message... Open PT... Setup/MIDI/ Input Devices... Your HUI should be there too.. Check them both... Go to Setup/ MIDI Studio.. Name your axiom.. input Axiom, output Axiom... You so not have to do send/ receive channels with the USB..Use your HUI the way you always did.. you'll get it, Post..