Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > Buy & Sell

Old 08-14-2019, 01:54 PM

Default Re: FS: Digidesign X-Mon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoolsLover View Post
Sorry, but that is not correct. The newer Xmon has been designed to work with the S-6 (Eucon), the are not interchangeable as you suggest. I did exhaustive research on this when I was looking to buy one after I bought my D-Command that came without an XMON.

Also, the newer Sync HD are completely different than than the older gen. I have an older HD Sync laying in the fiberglass insulation in my garage attic, its not worth 35 bucks, the Sync HD, fetches around 1k or more today (Just confirmed via Reverb Sold Listings).
You are wrong on both counts. Your research is anti my actual experience. S6 with old Xmon from our Dcommand worked.

And the SYNC HD (not SYNC) questions has been asked and answered by Avid multiple times. The HD versions (blue and grey) are the same.

Here was Alto Music (an Avid dealer) selling an Xmon (blue) with the right control cable:
https://reverb.com/item/7945358-avid...-control-cable
Old 08-14-2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
You are wrong on both counts. Your research is anti my actual experience. S6 with old Xmon from our Dcommand worked.

And the SYNC HD (not SYNC) questions has been asked and answered by Avid multiple times. The HD versions (blue and grey) are the same.

Here was Alto Music (an Avid dealer) selling an Xmon (blue) with the right control cable:
https://reverb.com/item/7945358-avid...-control-cable
Sorry, but here is all you need to read....

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=227176

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=201669

I remember this thread and many others just like it indicating at the end of the day, the Avid Xmon will work with the Dcomand but the Digidesign Xmon will not work with the S-6, people had all kinds of issues.
Old 08-14-2019, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Sorry, but here is all you need to read....

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=227176

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=201669

I remember this thread and many others just like it indicating at the end of the day, the Avid Xmon will work with the Dcomand but the Digidesign Xmon will not work with the S-6, people had all kinds of issues.
Do you really not know there is a Sync IO, a Sync HD (blue) and a Sync HD (grey)?

Read those threads better!

We have a mix of Sync HD blue and Sync HD grey in use. Right now. As do other LA facilities and Skywalker.

As for the Xmon, literally it was used by us with an S6. All our Xmon are gone since we moved to MTRX units otherwise I'd take a picture.
Old 08-14-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
It has to do with Eucon support. The older blue units like the one you are selling average around 300. Its very hard to find one of these units that is not in great condition as they are typically a set/forget utility piece that's hard to beat up.
I am afraid you're way off the mark there.

The SPL SMC (which is deemed one of the cheap surround monitor controllers) has not even half the features of an X-Mon and it goes for more than twice that price.

I cannot confirm that - since I haven't tried it myself - but according to the EuCon manual the X-Mon could be controlled with the latest Control update from the iPad. If that might be indeed the case I will start stocking X-Mon units going for $300, and bundle them with iPads for a profit!
Old 08-14-2019, 06:35 PM

Both the XMON's and Sync HD's are the same between blue and grey.

And yes as of the new PT Control app it can control any "Eucon Monitor" enabled software or hardware. Be that the Master Fader monitor selection in PT, MTRX, or XMON.
Old 08-15-2019, 05:12 AM

Again in my humble opinion I'd say $300 for an X-MON is a steal. At least in terms of features and expandability.

No, it wouldn't service the big post production house, undoubtedly there are many benefits for going down the MTRX path, but that is at a cost.

It would nevertheless serve very well the home/ small studio professional. So come to the original question about me looking for £1000 for it. To re-iterate it's features:
  • 5.1/ 7.1 straight out of the box
  • Expandable to Atmos (Colin Broad A-Mon plus TMC-1). Obviously no calibration.
  • Eucon, ICON, TMC-1 Control
  • Talkback, listenback, we all know the rest.

Not a lot in the market really beats it . Not at that price anyhow.

At any rate, I've got it going for £650 on eBay at the moment. If it doesn't sell I might change my tune!

I'd just suggest to anyone that has one or two for sale to stick to it or not to undervalue it. But if so, do PM me!
Old 08-20-2019, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonis View Post
Seriously underused. Sits in a rack doing nothing. It is time of it to find a better place to go.
Still available for sale!
Old 08-31-2019, 02:04 PM

How does $300 sound? Shipping’s on me.

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 08-31-2019, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meads View Post
How does $300 sound? Shipping’s on me.
Sounds exactly right as I said in one of the first posts in this thread. 280-350 s what he will get if that at all. And 650 UK Pound is more like 800 USD which again is crazy expensive for one xmon.

If you really are looking for one I will ask a few here as i know they have moved to other systems and also MTRX so let me know if Antonis stick to that excessive ask.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 08-31-2019, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Sounds exactly right as I said in one of the first posts in this thread. 280-350 s what he will get if that at all. And 650 UK Pound is more like 800 USD which again is crazy expensive for one xmon.

If you really are looking for one I will ask a few here as i know they have moved to other systems and also MTRX so let me know if Antonis stick to that excessive ask.
Appreciate it very much, Christopher. I'm going to upgrade my home setup, and still contemplating options. I'm not really big on anything, as everything lacks something.
S3 has the perfect size, but it's too expensive for what it is and it lacks a meter bridge.
S1 is not my cup of tea, don't want to use PT Control software for anything.
D-Command is almost too big for the space I have available.

After weighing all options (3rd party included) I'm bouncing between S3 and a D-Command ES (that's why I'm checking waters for X-Mon).
Basically what will determine the route between the two is an offer I cannot refuse.

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock