Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2002, 01:10 AM

Default Mo-vin on u-u-up

Hey I am thinking about relocating to the skirts of new york city, either brooklyn or north jersey. I am looking for unbiased opinions about working with a digi 001 studio in that area.

The big question is, will people buy the product or will they laugh in ma face! Right now I'm the "big fish in a little pond", but up there it appears to be more like a sea, not a pond.

Any insight and perspective from people with 001's in that area would be welcome. How do you pay the bills? What is your main source of income? Ever try freelancing? (as a musician or the studio thing)

p.s. I am currently in the washington DC area..

Keny
just to toot my own horn, I am in the process of relocating to Los Angeles and lookign for a job, so if anybody knows someone who can help me get established as an audio engineer and producer, check out my creds at http://www.kenyruyter.com and call me 310-909-9115

myspace page
http://www.kenyruyter.com
Old 09-09-2002, 08:37 AM

Default Re: Mo-vin on u-u-up

I'm in Brooklyn, Williamsburg to be specific, a new stomping ground for musicians, artists, bohemia abounds. I wouldn't stress over having an 001 vs. HD/TDM at all. Content and talent over technology, always .

When you get here, you'll just have to start networking and letting people know this is what you do. If you have any CD's or demos of your work, including production you did for other artists, pack 'em up and always have a few handy. This is New York, you never who's sitting at the table next to you...
Old 09-09-2002, 09:35 AM

Default Re: Mo-vin on u-u-up

Quote:
Originally posted by pk_hat:
I wouldn't stress over having an 001 vs. HD/TDM at all. Content and talent over technology, always .
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Nicely said. Amen to that.
Yosemite OS