Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 04:07 AM

Default Problem with the PT automation

from time to time a problem with the automation data i worte occurs : it seems like PT plays the automation some time before the actual automation breakpoint. does anybody know about this? after restarting PT (sometimes it takes 2 times of restarting) this 'bug' disappears and everything is again working fine fine fine. Thank you in advance for you help.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Problem with the PT automation

If it happens on all your sessions then maybe trash all the PT preferences. If it happens on just one session then create a new session and import your tracks from the old session to the new one. If that don't work then reinstall PT?

Give that a shot,

RS
Old 09-21-2005, 09:52 PM

Thank you for your post. i did at least trash the preferences but this did not work really. we started to set up a mix for an album on monday night and everything was fine. i saved it and went to bed. the next morning when opening PT if ound out that it erased ALL session settings. fortunately i backed up the settings but from opening on of those backups the trouble started. i got error messages about not enough available DSP (but there was enough left in the system usage window) and it did not play ANY automation. you could see the faders moving on the screen but there was no action on the stereobus concerning pan or volume.

when runnning digitest the mixcore card failed! but after i ran Digitest and the card passed for two times!? so whats wrong?

i reseated the card and trashed the preferences again but i did not work. again the card failed and passed again after it.

could this be related to a new IBM hard drive we put in to get more space for the mixing session?

Thank you.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:30 PM

*push*

After checking al the connections today and re-installing PT it seems to work properly. although i got some crackling in one session and again Digitest said that the card failed. but after re-booting the same session ran absolutely tight with a lot of ugly and heavy automation. could this be a DSP-problem? is there anyone from DIGIDESIGN around who is able to help me? The german support is not available since days (which is pissing me off quite a bit) and the DUC is so far my only help.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:29 PM

Quote:
After checking al the connections today and re-installing PT it seems to work properly. although i got some crackling in one session and again Digitest said that the card failed.
If DigiTest failed, you need to repair/replace the card. There are countless odd things that can happen when you use faulty computing hardware. I'm sure all of them will get sorted out if you get the card repaired.

I had an ailing Accel card that was repaired by Digi and it works great now. It caused a lot of hassles and unusual behaviors when it was broken, now it works well.

Best of luck,

-monte-
Old 09-25-2005, 12:50 AM

hello.

puh i really hope there was just some problems with the other hardware. the card does not always fail the digitest!? i will do some more test runs and then see. it would really be a pain in the ass because i am having a lot of recordings to do at the studio right now and without the card nothing works. if the guys at the german digidesign would be available on the phone i am sure i would know more but i can´t get anyone of them.

until soon.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:13 PM

My dead Accel card also did not always fail DigiTest, at least for a while, but yet it was still broken and flaky. After pulling the card, the system always passed DigiTest and stopped acting flaky.

In my case, it wasn't a big hardship to pull the card temporarily, but I guess it's not that easy for you. Can you get a loaner card from your dealer perhaps? That would make things go a lot better...

Good luck with it, and get it fixed when you can! Your life will improve...

-monte-
Old 09-26-2005, 09:57 PM

It is not that simple to just pull out the card and give it away because as i said there is a lot of work to be done at the studio and als thewre is no dealer around who could lean me a card - they all want to sell the HD-Rigs and all that. its like a desert here! I can record without any problems, so i am thinking about doing the recordings and then repairing the card and mixing later on.
i can´t get anyone from DIGI on the phone! I know there is some AVID-store or whatever in cologne, which is not far away from where i live and maybe they could look over it there!?

until soon.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:29 AM
Avid

In reading everything here, I would definitely suspect a defective Mix card. While it may not fail Digitest every time, the fact that it fails it at all is very suspicious.

The only real test is to swap out the card or have it sent in for testing.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:08 PM

Hello Digi.

Thanks for your answer. i will call the german support again and see if they can help me out. i hope they can!!! I hope they even answer the phone...

Until then.