Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 10-28-2012, 10:38 PM

Default Color Coding Glitch PT 10

Hi There -

Whether running HD10 on my Mac Pro or on my 3 year old nothing-special PC laptop, I run into the same glitch- If my color defaults for Tracks is set to GROUPS, and my color defaults for Clip Region is either GROUPS or TRACK, The channel strip colors seem to go haywire. I suspect it has something to do with the fact that many of these tracks are in more than one group, but that's precisely why I set my color defaults this way- so it's easier to tell what's active. This problem occurs in both the Edit and Mix windows, though it's definitely worse in the Mix window- which is odd, because that window doesn't even deal with Clips.

I should also point out that if I close/reopen either window, all of the colors are restored properly. So... how can I get the colors to display properly without having to refresh the screen?

All of the colors, be it for Tracks, Groups, or Clip Regions - everything is set to DEFAULT. So if a track is not actively in a group, it's got "none" color:).... well, mostly... fully after I refresh the window.

Any ideas?

And one more thing.. is there a way to insert a group between 2 existing groups, or freely order the groups?

THANKS!

Wayne
Old 05-14-2014, 01:20 AM

Default Re: Color Coding Glitch PT 10

I am having somewhat the same issue. I color code groups and everything is fine until I create a master group consisting of my smaller groups. This (as expected) color codes everything (tracks-clips) to one color.
But...
When I switch the Master group off everything stays the Master group color. I have to delete the Master group to get my sub-groups color scheme back. It is almost like the Master group in Painted!
This used to be a common problem when I was moving files from PT10 to PT8, but now I am exclusively on PT10 and it started again, just suddenly, for no reason???

I suspect this a system preference problem.

Hope someone can come up with a solution.

WM