Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 11-13-2007, 09:28 PM

Default invalid PTLE 6.4, required dll file,File.dll not found

I bought an Mbox from a fellow musician and I have a valid code because I am able to log in and download items (don't ask me to find the code though!). I have a Compaq Presario 2105 AMD Sempron Windows XP SP2 32 bit set up. I can't even get 6.4 to load and I have spent a lot of time going through the FAQs etc, downloaded latest Interlok et al

I have download the 6.4 PTLE set up several times and I until today could not even get a satisfactory extraction of the launch files - I deleted it using the 6.4 install set up choice for same to clean out the old one. Sometimes I got the message (when running the unzip and load the .exe file routine)
Component Program Files
File Group PT Folder Icon
File <icon path>\
Error The filename, directory name or volume lable syntax is incorrect.

But strangely the 6.4 launches for a millisecond and then blue screens and reboots my computer.

So I reloaded again tonight with a fresh 6.4 download and chose the "repair" choice, and I seemed to get a good unzip and extract all files routine, ending up witha fresh 6.4.exe (I call it that, meaning the icon you click to run PTLE to - heaven forbid - actually use it). THis time I did not blue screen out, but got the message "error starting program a required DLL file, File.dll, was not found".

So, marginal progress, but I am at the point of getting out the old Tascam half speed 8 track cassete deck coz I don't know what to do next to try and get this baby up and running. I did try the 6.4cs9 upgrade, but it didn't work stated reason being esentially - invalid or could not find a valid install of 6.4 - which I guess is true insofar as I haev a version of 6.4 tat does not run.

Any suggestions gratefully received - I am the limit of my technical PC skills at this point.

Thanks.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:41 PM

Default Re: invalid PTLE 6.4, required dll file,File.dll not found

Sempron processors are not supported for running Pro Tools.

If you want to futilely continue to try, you are going to need to update your PACE drivers from www.paceap.com (that's what's causing your blue screen)

You should also download and run the 6.4cs6 plugin update and the 6.4cs9 update.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12