Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 04:17 PM

Default Re: HD3 to HDX1 & I/O trade in registration.. System ID?

Spoke too soon, one of the upgrades has popped in. It would be nice to see hardware registrations...
Old 09-18-2015, 10:17 AM

I agree that it would be nice to see the hardware registration, but maybe we don't need to?

MP 2019 28 core, 384gb 8T
Old 09-18-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
I agree that it would be nice to see the hardware registration, but maybe we don't need to?
In the support portal under equipment.
Old 09-19-2015, 09:42 PM

Hello Colleges, here is the latest on my original post… I contacted AVID Support to get things sorted out on our AVID Account regarding our HD3 to HDX1 Card and I/O Trade-In Exchange. Although all the new gear was registered on our AVID account, the representative over the phone created a case and requested that I take a picture of the software authorization and the hardware registration cards along with the Sweetwater purchase invoice and send it over to them... which I did last week…

The response was:
Hi A...,
Thank you for your patience on this one.
I have confirmed it to the team and said that HD hardware exchange you bought doesn't come with the annual support and upgrade plan. The upgrade and support plan can be added to your product by purchasing it separately.
Pro Tools | HD Annual Upgrade and Support Plan ($599.00)
http://shop.avid.com/ccrz__ProductDe...03&&store=shop
If there's anything else that I could assist, just feel free to reply to this email.
Best regards,
Chris, Avid Customer Care

REALLY Chris?…
"Take advantage of the latest features in Pro Tools HD 12 software, included with your exchange. Get all upgrades for the next year with an annual upgrade plan, included at no extra charge"

We have been investing and using PT Systems before it was even called ProTools… I’m not and never been a Digidesign/AVID basher as I love the tool and the creative possibilities its given me over the years… However, It is sad that their loyal and core customer base is being treated in such a manner after having had spent tens of thousands of dollars on their products over the years.
Since it seems like I’m treated like an untrusted customer by AVID’s Customer Service... just to protect myself attached is a proof of what is stated on their website and the Customer Care emails I have recieved.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AvidWebpageAndResponse.jpg (33.3 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by DigiTechSupt; 11-30-2015 at 11:40 AM. Reason: NOTE: This has been clarified/corrected with A1 - an Annual Upgrade & Support Plan is included.
Old 09-20-2015, 01:08 AM

A1, what was your purchase date? I can compare it with a few of mine that are being legitimised and honoured by Avid.

Last edited by Buccanears; 09-20-2015 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Use of the Queens English.
Old 09-20-2015, 01:39 PM

I would contact Sweetwater about this.
Old 09-20-2015, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccanears View Post
A1, what was your purchase date? I can compare it with a few of mine that are being legitimised and honoured by Avid.
Thanks Buccaneers, The purchase was about two weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVPostSound View Post
I would contact Sweetwater about this.
They are on it...

ADMIN EDIT --------------------------------
This has been clarified/corrected with A1 (an Annual Upgrade & Support Plan is included), and Avid CS is working to correct the account issue.

Last edited by DigiTechSupt; 11-30-2015 at 11:40 AM. Reason: NOTE: This has been clarified/corrected with A1 - an Annual Upgrade & Support Plan is included.
Closed Thread