Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 01-23-2014, 04:36 PM

Default Space - unable to get the impulse responses, favorites, presets, images to work

Is anyone else unable to get any of the impulse responses, favorites, presets, or images to work?

I've got nothing. Installed, went through the Edit> Install Space IR Package dance, restarted. Nothing's showing up. "Installed IR Packages" show them all as being installed, but "rescan for files" does nothing.

I must have done something wrong. Each category in the preset menu (of the shell, not the one in Space itself) shows one item
Old 01-23-2014, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Space Problems (yes, already)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
Is anyone else unable to get any of the impulse responses, favorites, presets, or images to work?

I've got nothing. Installed, went through the Edit> Install Space IR Package dance, restarted. Nothing's showing up. "Installed IR Packages" show them all as being installed, but "rescan for files" does nothing.

II must have done something wrong.
What system are you using? Mac or Windows? I just dl'd the Mac installer and was looking for info regarding the impulses... I have all the ones from my TDM version, including the Bricasti's and if the ones that are to be dl'd are the same I don't want to have 2 sets on my drive. Or if there are more...would be nice to know that info.
Mac Pro 6.1, E5-2690 V2 10 core 3.0G, 32gig 1866 memory, 512G PCIe system drive, 2 1T data drives in Thunderbolt enclosure, OSX 10.10.5, Twin Raven MTi's, Apollo 8 TB, 2 UAD2 Satellite Octo Thunderbolt, RME ADI-4 DD, Neve 5012, 5043, Bricasti M7, 2 PCM 92's, M350, Pro Tools 12.4 HD, PreSonus Studio One 3.5, Logic X, DynAudio BM6 MK 3, BM14S, a bunch of cool mics...1 damned iLok2.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArKay99 View Post
What system are you using? Mac or Windows? I just dl'd the Mac installer and was looking for info regarding the impulses... I have all the ones from my TDM version, including the Bricasti's and if the ones that are to be dl'd are the same I don't want to have 2 sets on my drive. Or if there are more...would be nice to know that info.
Okay, I don't know quite what happened. I reset to default, removed extra IR's. Now it is working...

But there is only one preset for each category. I'm not referring to the impulse responses, I mean the presets at the top of the plug-in window.

I'm on windows, by the way. I'll post a full Sandra report later on if necessary. In this case I just think either the files weren't included in the installer, or they were placed in the wrong directory. I poked around and it appears this was a problem for some users of Space TDM, on both Mac and PC.

C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\Documents\Pro Tools\Plug-In Settings\Space\ directory contains only one preset per folder.

EDIT: Did some further exploration. The AAX folder for Space has only one preset per category.
Code:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins\Space.aaxplugin\Contents\Factory Presets\Space\
Which should not be. Every other convolution reverb I have used comes with presets that have both an impulse response and parameters saved.

EDIT2: Another problem. TL Space Native 9.0.2 for Pro Tools 10 won't authorize. I should know better than to install anything on day one

Last edited by mesaone; 01-23-2014 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
Okay, I don't know quite what happened. I reset to default, removed extra IR's. Now it is working...

But there is only one preset for each category. I'm not referring to the impulse responses, I mean the presets at the top of the plug-in window.

I'm on windows, by the way. I'll post a full Sandra report later on if necessary. In this case I just think either the files weren't included in the installer, or they were placed in the wrong directory. I poked around and it appears this was a problem for some users of Space TDM, on both Mac and PC.

C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\Documents\Pro Tools\Plug-In Settings\Space\ directory contains only one preset per folder.

EDIT: Did some further exploration. The AAX folder for Space has only one preset per category.
Code:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins\Space.aaxplugin\Contents\Factory Presets\Space\
Which should not be. Every other convolution reverb I have used comes with presets that have both an impulse response and parameters saved.

EDIT2: Another problem. TL Space Native 9.0.2 for Pro Tools 10 won't authorize. I should know better than to install anything on day one
Ok, I had the situation where the folders categories were there but there was only one or two responses in the folders. The responses and tls files were from the original lib, so I made a new folder and put the impulses from the install in there. Then I copied all the folders and tls files from my TDM TL Space folder to my Space folder (in the Impulse response folder), did a rescan and they all came up, and they all work and sound the same, so I'm good there. I can confirm the presets are just the factory ones and I'm searching for a way to
get my presets in without having to copy those. I'm using 10.3.8 and will check for authorization there.
Mac Pro 6.1, E5-2690 V2 10 core 3.0G, 32gig 1866 memory, 512G PCIe system drive, 2 1T data drives in Thunderbolt enclosure, OSX 10.10.5, Twin Raven MTi's, Apollo 8 TB, 2 UAD2 Satellite Octo Thunderbolt, RME ADI-4 DD, Neve 5012, 5043, Bricasti M7, 2 PCM 92's, M350, Pro Tools 12.4 HD, PreSonus Studio One 3.5, Logic X, DynAudio BM6 MK 3, BM14S, a bunch of cool mics...1 damned iLok2.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Space - unable to get the impulse responses, favorites, presets, images to work

I'm unclear on whether you are also only seeing one preset per category.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:00 AM

Default Re: Space - unable to get the impulse responses, favorites, presets, images to work

As per the other thread ... one preset per category here.
Pro Tools 2018, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 10, Wavelab Pro 9.5, Logic Pro X, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 01-24-2014, 06:18 AM

I was only seeing one preset per folder (or category). Then I tried to spelunk for the folder where the presets were residing. I found the folder where the ones for TL Space were, but no others for Spaces. So I tried copying a preset from one folder to another to see if Spaces was using that folder and the presets did not show the copied preset in the new location. What I ended up doing was going to the preset menu on Spaces and used the import choice to import all my presets one by one and then it recognized them. One thing I noticed was the tfx files showed differently in finder. The old ones showed up as an icon when I highlighted them, the new ones showed as a text file somewhat like an xml file. Not sure why, but maybe there is an expanded format to the new presets and Spaces can't read the TL Space ones until it imports them, possibly converting them in the process...just a guess.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:53 PM

Same here.

What's odd is that I have a bunch of IR's stored in a folder on a secondary drive. When I Imported that folder, all of the presets are there and working. It's only the Space ones that I have to install one at a time.
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!