Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 12-20-2008, 02:12 PM

Default Problems Installing Pro tools 8

Hello to all,

I'm a new user of pro tools and having problems installing it on my pc. Pro tools 7.3 worked fine and I also use reason, sonar, fl studio ect. but 8 keeps telling me it can't find my hardware (digi 002r btw) when the program is loading. I've added the tpkd driver which I needed and am getting closer to getting 8 running. I also uninstalled some older programs that pro tools didn't like while it was loading. My main platform app is logic 8. Please help if you can.

Thanks,

adavis
Old 12-20-2008, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Problems Installing Pro tools 8

After looking a little closer, I noticed that my 02r drivers are not getting installed. I get this message "Digidesign audio drivers returned an error -2147213313". I had the 02r powered on and firewire cable plugged in while installing. Now none of my other programs that used the 02r can playback audio. I tried reinstalling pro tools 8 but keep getting this flag. I'm in the process of ghosting back to my last working setup and doing more research into finding what might be the problem. Pro tools looks great and I hope to be up and running soon.

adavis
Old 12-20-2008, 06:45 PM

There's a thread about this, so don't worry, you're not the only one. Unfortunately Digi has no answer/response to the error right now.

Maybe there's a way to full the driver files out of the installer and manually install them after PT8 installs, since everything else but the actual drivers install fine.

Very frustrating when something like this isn't QCed enough before going on the public market. I remember back when software was released and it just "worked", no questions asked.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StavrosSound View Post
There's a thread about this, so don't worry, you're not the only one. Unfortunately Digi has no answer/response to the error right now.

Maybe there's a way to full the driver files out of the installer and manually install them after PT8 installs, since everything else but the actual drivers install fine.

Very frustrating when something like this isn't QCed enough before going on the public market. I remember back when software was released and it just "worked", no questions asked.
Thanks for your response. I need to search for that thread to learn more. Is it possible for some one to send me the missing driver?

adavis
Old 12-21-2008, 01:24 AM

Hey, I had the same problem with my 002R drivers not installing... Then I found this link: http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...0&itemid=27925

I followed the steps - basically uninstalling everything PTLE related and reinstalling with the extra steps involved.

It worked well for me. Hope it helps you, too!

GregJ
Old 12-21-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregJ View Post
Hey, I had the same problem with my 002R drivers not installing... Then I found this link: http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...0&itemid=27925

I followed the steps - basically uninstalling everything PTLE related and reinstalling with the extra steps involved.

It worked well for me. Hope it helps you, too!

GregJ
Thanks for the help GregJ,

Hopefully it'll work for me too. Right now I'm having problems ghosting back to any previous working image. None of them will install and untill I get that going, I'm stuck. Good thing my mac is my main music computer right now. BTW, it seems like the mac version PT8 is having less problems, at least what I've read so far.

adavis
Old 12-21-2008, 04:00 PM

Well, that didn't seem to work for me at all unfortunately, still spit out the same audio driver error.. used the uninstaller, hand-removed any traces of Digi and PT from the registry and file structure on my OS drive. Removed all plugins and theri registry and folders (uninstalled them first, then uninstalled PT).... alas, no dice.

Now here's a question.... has anyone who installed PT8 been using 7.3 or 7.4? Maybe there was a firmware cripple in 7.4? Right now that's the only justification I can find, since I known many still used 7.3 in light of 7.4 and it seems not everyone has experienced this issue.

Sort of out on a limb, but I cant think of any other explanation if it's not the software.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:20 PM

I have just tried to upgrade from 7.4.2 to PT8. I have the MBox2. Having problems as well. It says it cannot find the hardware when I am connected with the MBox, but my friend's Digi 002 works fine. It sees it no problem [firewire vs. usb?]. Very frustrating. I am running OSX 5.6 on an imac. I am not educated enough to comment on the firmware cripple possibility. Hope this helps in some way.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:44 AM

I'm getting very frustrated trying to install PT8 on my PC. I keep getting the following error when installing:

"Pro Tools Creative Collection returned an error

Error: -2147213312"

PT8 seems to run fine but I don't get any of the lovely new instruments. Very annoying! I upgraded my PACE drivers assuming it was some protection issue but that hasn't resolved my problem.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:21 PM

you might find if extract the download files with a new copy of winra it works this is what i had to do , some of the files dont extract through windows built in extracter for some reason and you only get half the installation ...