Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2001, 02:26 PM

Default OT, problems w/ reason...please help

First of all....the user group @ propellerheads blows, the board sux and so does the support.
Rebirth input machine, for those of you that are familiar w/ this function in reason, its pretty cool, you can sync the 2 together via rewire. Anyway, if you have reason as the selected app, and rebirth in the background and hit your midicontroller, in my case its a 49 key Midicontrol by miditech, you get no midi input signal. Now if rebirth is the selected app, i can get a midi signal into a subtractor or dr rex or whatever. WTF???
Another problem, i tried to save a rebirth file while i was using reason and rebirth via the rebirth input machine. Rebirth froze, reason was fine. I had to do a hot reboot because rebirth was not responding. The next day i try to load the saved rebirth file and rebirth tells me the file is not the right formatt!! WTF??!?!?!?!
Man those guys are no help, i get mo bettah info from the DUC than anywhere else!!

thanx in advance!!

sdf

www.sugarhillstudios713.com
Old 10-12-2001, 11:52 AM

Default Re: OT, problems w/ reason...please help

anybody??

Old 10-15-2001, 07:51 AM

well i'll be a monkeys uncle!

Old 10-15-2001, 02:01 PM

Thanks guys!! The only reason [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] i am using rebirth is beacuase i have some beats that i really like that i want to put some synths over.
When i am using the midicontroller, i am trying to manipulate the midi in reason, not rebirth. But reason only sees the midi input if rebirth is selected. Blasted!
i guess i might just port over my beats from rebirth to reason. Not looking forward to reprogramming my beats.
I will have to say that reason blows rebirth out of the water!!
thanks again!!

sdf

Old 10-16-2001, 12:15 AM

I think nobody deals with the Reason/Rebirth issues because hardly anyone uses ReBith anymore.
Its safer to use reason alone. I can tsee any reason to sync the two, unless you already have an old rebirth session that you need.
Old 10-16-2001, 12:45 AM

S.D. - first off, I apologize in advance for not being able to answer your specific question. But I will tell you this:

1. Yes - Props board is horrendous. Especially the flame/unhelpful attitude most users there have. DUC is the best thing going. Period.

2. As a Devout Reason freak I have tried it with a lot of different Apps - and it is buggy to say the least. With DP3 it crashed quite a bit and there were some midi problems similar to the one you listed above. I also had some Midi probs with USB Midiman controller (but I think that was the keyboard). Anyway, the thing with ReWire is that it doesn't really do what a lot of people think it will do. Some people have controlled Midi channels in one App through a master App. I haven't done this.
My experience has been that ReWire really only serves as cables to get the Audio to Aux ins. It also allows the two Apps to run in sync - which I have done with little difficulty. But, and this is the but that applies to your situation - I don't know that making Midi modifications in Reason (to affect events in ReBirth) is the way to go. Run them in sync, and make changes in the specific App when need be. This is where ReWire is a little confusing. What exactly does it do? Throw in OMS and IAC busses and we've got ourselves a Midi mess.

Andy O.