Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 01-17-2019, 02:31 AM

Default Avid Link - Pro Tools Feature Requests - Lounge

Nobody is using the Avid Link Pro Tools Feature Requests Lounge

The most upvoted idea has three upvotes.

I wonder if people don't find it engaging to use and thus they don't use it. Ideascale was far from perfect but this system seems even worse.

Is it designed this way on purpose? Has AVID given up all pretence of wanting any customer feedback?

Last edited by simonchase; 01-17-2019 at 03:30 AM.
Old 01-17-2019, 07:13 AM

Default Re: Avid Link - Pro Tools Feature Requests - Lounge

To be honest, last time I looked, the Avid Link app was still in Beta. I won't be installing a beta app on a production machine. I also didn't care for app manager and would uninstall it right away. Since Avid Link is Ideascale and App Manager wrapped into one (along with other features IIRC?), that's another reason I don't really want to use it. Lastly, I spent a fair amount of time logging bugs and feature requests and posting them on Ideascale. Since Avid said they would only be porting over the "most popular" topics from Ideascale, I don't really feel like redoing all that work, especially since it just seems like a popularity contest anyway.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonchase View Post
Nobody is using the Avid Link Pro Tools Feature Requests Lounge

The most upvoted idea has three upvotes.

I wonder if people don't find it engaging to use and thus they don't use it. Ideascale was far from perfect but this system seems even worse.

Is it designed this way on purpose? Has AVID given up all pretence of wanting any customer feedback?
Many of us have contributed to the IdeaScale and our experience with Avid or at least in my opinion is, I have found it to be a waste of time and have lost faith in Avid in this area. They seem to implement the features they want rather then what’s MOST wanted by there customers. I will not waste anymore time with it nor will I waste anymore time being a beta tester for them. I will just stick with the most stable version they have produced and keep chucking along. The two most things I would like to see is #1: Better stability at lower latency and #2: ARA or ARA2 integration for Melodyne etc. I must say I am statisfied with PT 2018.7 and find it to be the most stable PT on my current system but I would like to see them move more quickly with new features. I really don’t know what it will take for Avid to get on the ball.

Last edited by zion; 01-19-2019 at 08:55 PM.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:24 AM

I feel the Same as the other guys

It’s not customer feedback that that lack, they know what we want and what the program needs.

They lack follow through, they lack finances to do all that is required. It is also possible they lack vision and ability but those are more subjective terms.
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:13 AM

Wouldn't it be cool though if in the "what's new in Pro Tools xxx" release notes they linked to the requests and ideas from customers that prompted the tweaks? It just seems like there's zero conversation happening. We're professionals who know what would make the software better - at the coal face. AVID should regularly comment on the suggestions at least if they actually sincerely want us to use the lounge. It just feels like shouting into the void.