Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 11-09-2017, 11:36 AM

Default Apogee Rosetta 800 With HD Cards

Hello Everybody,

I have a couple of questions to upgrade my Studio.

I use MAC OS on my control room and mbox 3 pro with RME ADI 4 Converter, Running on ProTools HD-10 , and now there is a deal in front of me to have (Apogee Rosetta 800 with 1 core card and 1 accel card PCIE "HD1") .

So if i bought them "Are they Going to be compatible with ProTools 10 HD?"

and "If so, How many Track they will support on the DSP?"

"and what the type of plugins that they will support and hw many?"

The last question "if want to hear normal sounds on my MAC like a song from Finder or youtube , is this will be a problem?"

Thanx A Lot and hope to have an Effective reply
Old 11-09-2017, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Apogee Rosetta 800 With HD Cards

If the Apogee has X-HD card installed, it will show up as Digidesign/Avid interface to PTHD
Old 11-09-2017, 01:54 PM

Pro Tools TDM cards support... TDM plugins. You can run those as well as RTAS and AAX-Native (32-bit) in Pro Tools 10 if you add TDM card(s).

The main reason for going to TDM would be to monitor through plugins at low-latency.

The main reason for going to Digilink interfaces (which you could also do with HDX or HD Native) is high IO counts.

If those things are not issues for you so would I would not consider doing this.

You need to spend time understanding the minimum system requirements for the TDM cards and things like voice count limits on the TDM cards—read the Pro Tools 10 Reference Guide. All your questions, and more you did not know to ask yet are in that document.

You cannot aggregate a Digilink interface with non-DigiLink interfaces so you would only have the Rosetta to work with unless you added another DigiLink interface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-09-2017, 02:06 PM

It is not clear how you are using the MBox 3 Pro and RME ADI-4, but with the Rosetta 800 You cannot add to the 8 channels with ADAT in. You get to choose between analog in or ADAT in, and presumably you are buying the Rosetta for its c
analog conversion...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 11-09-2017 at 03:00 PM.
Old 11-09-2017, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
If the Apogee has X-HD card installed, it will show up as Digidesign/Avid interface to PTHD
So u mean that if i had the X-HD Apogee card it will act as an Avid Interface.. and in this case i'll not need to get the core and accel or i'll add them with the X-HD card ?
Old 11-09-2017, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maz_records View Post
So u mean that if i had the X-HD Apogee card it will act as an Avid Interface.. and in this case i'll not need to get the core and accel or i'll add them with the X-HD card ?

??? The X-HD card goes in the Rosetta 800 and gives it DigiLink connectivity. The Core card in your computer provides DigiLink connectivity. You connect the interface and core card/computer with a DigiLink cable. The Accel card provides more DSP processing beyond what is already on the core card. There is no DSP processing done except in those cards.

The TDM cards will not operate without a DigiLink interface connected (like the Rosetta with X-HD card).

What actual problem or limit with your current system are you trying to solve?

If you go to a TDM DSP system you cannot upgrade beyond Pro Tools 10, will never be able to run 64-bit Pro Tools. Will never be able to run current Mac OS versions or run on any current or future Mac.

An accel and core card is actually a HD2, not sure why it is being called a HD1. Make sure you know/see this works as it’s easy to get a dud card.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:25 PM

How much are they asking for the TDM cards and the Rosetta?