Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2018, 05:51 AM

Default Imac Pro with HDX/HD Native Card ?

Does Anybody know if new iMac Pro are compatible with HDX cards with Sonnet/magma chassis (using USB-C - TB2 Apple adaptator) ? Also with HD Native TB card ?

I looked here : http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...m-Requirements

For the moment there isn't any configuration guide for the new iMac pro but If I open mac book pro's guide :

"Configuration 1:
Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter > Supported Thunderbolt Chassis with HD Native or up to 3 HDX cards
Configuration 2:
Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter > HD Native Thunderbolt"

It looks like it could be compatible...What do you think ?

Herge
Old 02-02-2018, 08:59 AM

Default Re: Imac Pro with HDX/HD Native Card ?

It is. I know two people running that (Sonnet chassis)
Old 02-02-2018, 09:47 PM

Default Re: Imac Pro with HDX/HD Native Card ?

I am running my 2 HDX cards in a Magma 3T TB2 chassis with iMac Pro. I used an Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter cable coming off the iMac. I first tried my OWC Thunderbolt 3 dock’s Thunderbolt 2 port but that didn’t work for some reason (it works fine with my MacBook Pro that way). You should also know that I was unable to get the system to recognize the HDX cards when I first attempted Migration Assistant to it. Everything seemed to migrate okay but the HDX wasn’t recognized even after uninstalling PT, the HD driver, trashing all PT data and reinstalling. I then wiped and installed MacOS fresh and the HDX cards were recognized fine, so I just ended up manually installing the whole system because of this. I hope that helps.