Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2009, 01:50 PM

Default Why was my Windows 7 - Digi's June Announcement = latency - removed?

Why was my topic removed?

Was it because I questioned Digidesign's behavior regarding informing (actually not informing) their user base about Windows 7 drivers for LE?

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...0&itemid=38973

I stated that the June 2009 announcement by Digi promising compatibility with the "upcoming" Windows 7 was a bit old and they should let their client base know what is happening.

What's next - I get banned from this board for questioning the motives of a company that I have given a lot of money to?
Old 11-24-2009, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Why was my Windows 7 - Digi's June Announcement = latency - removed?

Please say why
I7 950
RAM 24Gb corsair 1600 (3 sticks)
9-9-9-24
MAC
MacBookPro i7 2,3 15"
RAM 16gb
PT 11.3
003 Rack
MBox 3 Pro
Old 11-24-2009, 02:26 PM
Avid

Default Re: Why was my Windows 7 - Digi's June Announcement = latency - removed?

It was removed because several posts were in violation of the DUC TOS - specifically insulting other members, derogatory language, etc.

Keep it civil, people.

As for why there's no announcement yet - we'll post one as soon as we have a date. I do know that something is just around the corner...so please be patient.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:30 PM

Thank you for your quick response.

I'm glad that we are allowed to question the powers that be.

Thanks again. I look forward to the announcement.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:57 PM

I think all of us needs a Windows 7 announcement, especially with 64bits.

Pro Tools 12, Sibelius First 7/Presonus Studio 192/Windows 10 Pro
Old 11-24-2009, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbross View Post
Why was my topic removed?

.............................someone must have reported all the name calling.

Digi cant announce when they will release the Win 7/64 bit driver because i doubt at this time that THEY even know Yes, its sad. This should have been taken care of by now. Every other PT version can run Win 7 64 bit (HD, M-powered, LE M-box USB interfaces) so this should be #1 on the list. Give them till Feb, and we will see some rays of light

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 11-25-2009, 12:34 AM

Looks like Digi are not only struggling to support their products but they cant update their website either. In addition to the original June announcement which hasnt been updated, Digi havent updated their list of un-supported OS's.

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...4&itemid=28565

Dear Digi, you need to add Windows 7 32 bit and 64bit to your list of un-supported Operating Systems so that you dont con more people out of money.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:26 AM

Even if this runs a year behind, and I hope it doesn't, at least we have XP to keep things going 24/7 to keep the dollars coming in.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 11-25-2009, 08:07 AM

"Dear Digi, you need to add Windows 7 32 bit and 64bit to your list of un-supported Operating Systems so that you dont con more people out of money."

Seems to me that if there is a list of what DOES work, that anything NOT on the list can pretty much be counted on to NOT work, and I'm fairly certain they DO state that no 64-bit OS's are supported. This is no con, my friend. Everybody needs to read first, then buy. Not verse-vica. (That's vice versa, vice versa...)
Old 11-25-2009, 03:00 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw rec View Post
"Dear Digi, you need to add Windows 7 32 bit and 64bit to your list of un-supported Operating Systems so that you dont con more people out of money."

Seems to me that if there is a list of what DOES work, that anything NOT on the list can pretty much be counted on to NOT work, and I'm fairly certain they DO state that no 64-bit OS's are supported. This is no con, my friend. Everybody needs to read first, then buy. Not verse-vica. (That's vice versa, vice versa...)
Well put!