Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2016, 02:53 PM

Default EQ automation?

I've recently upgraded from PT 10 and am mixing down a live concert (duo, guitar, percussion and 2 vocals) in PT 12. The show involves multiple instrument changes between 6 string acoustic, 9 string acoustic, Dobro, National Steel Guitar and Mandolin. Unfortunately, I was not given individual tracks, but 3 sub mixes of all guitars (DI and Live mic), all vocals and all percussion. This really restricts what I can do to clean up the mix. With all the guitars on the same track and constantly changing on each song, it would be a great help to be able to automate the EQ. Is there a way to do this? In a worst case scenario, I suppose I could create extra tracks and cut and past the different guitars into different tracks but that seems cumbersome.

I did a search of the forum and didn't come up with anything. Any suggestions would be appreciated!