Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 05-18-2017, 08:54 AM

Default Re: How to modulate vocals EDM style? HELP

Nexus will have some in the vocal expansions but as you are looking for two different things, one VI and started by asking about vocal trickery we use Output VI for those things aswell as Melodyne Studio 4.

We usually mix in our own vocalcuts to make the sound cooler so using just a sample will not make a great sound. Been used for many years so you might need to come up with some new stuff by experimenting.

so trying to use the PT internal sounds wont get you very far. Never seen any EDM Pop Music producer use any Avid VI ever so it will cost you quite a bit if you wanna sound modern and get anyone to take notice.

A footnote : EDM has changed a lot the past 6 months and is slowly turning into something else so shooting for EDM music is going to require time and research.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 05-18-2017, 09:03 AM

Also very quickly does nexus 2 have drums and percussion sounds as well or do I need the expansion for that?
Old 05-18-2017, 09:24 AM

Ok I found it does have some patches. And yes I am really into a lot of futurebass and liquid trap type stuff which is the sound I have been aiming for for the past few months. If you are at all interested you can see what I am working with here https://soundcloud.com/keepinitkrill/tea-garden

and my most recent here https://soundcloud.com/keepinitkrill/hypergamy
Old 05-18-2017, 12:02 PM

Yeah nexus has some good drum sounds and can be reworked and edited quite a bit. Then there are super awesome expansions aswell.

Thanks for posting the links

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 05-18-2017, 12:34 PM

yeah no problem! any constructive criticism would be welcomed. new drum patches will be nice as well I grow weary of using boom as a drum machine. not enough patches of the trappy sound i tend to look for. everything ive ever done has always been with stock plug ins so it will be nice to branch out now
Old 05-24-2017, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Good synth but the new Synthmaster ONE is amazeballs and we have used it everyday since. Not AAX64 yet and I should have mentioned the new SM1 but in all honesty it isn't as good for the EDM music style as Nexus2 and Avenger for example, those are made especially for the elecro market.
Just got Synthmaster One and it's not too bad; I've never done a whole lot with wavetable synths so this is a new one for me. And yes - not aax64 but hosts okay in Patchworks in PT11.3.2.

I do have one problem though - Synthmaster 2 throws up an aae7054 error now in PT11.3.2 where it didn't before. Works fine in Patchwork though as a vst. More when I figure this out.

QAPLA!
Old 05-24-2017, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Just got Synthmaster One and it's not too bad; I've never done a whole lot with wavetable synths so this is a new one for me. And yes - not aax64 but hosts okay in Patchworks in PT11.3.2.

I do have one problem though - Synthmaster 2 throws up an aae7054 error now in PT11.3.2 where it didn't before. Works fine in Patchwork though as a vst. More when I figure this out.
Cool. You will be happy with that synth if you dive in a bit deeper and great sounds can be made fairly easily when you get a feel for it.

And it is coming very soon as AAX64, really not too far away

Then it will be an even better product for PT users. We run Live9 Suite more and more these days and got the Push2 so that along with the Roli Seaboard together is all one needs really hehe But why stop there whenthere is soo much cool gear coming up this spring !! The. Idi and workflow with VI in Live9 is extremely fast and you can do very complex stuff with built in functions 25% faster than anything we have in PT or third party software. Very very happy with that $1500 purchase.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 05-24-2017, 07:48 AM

Looking forward to aax64.

Something I forgot to mention in my earlier post and that there's a $10US upcharge for using PayPal instead of one's credit card. First time I've ever seen that.

Update on the situation:
Restarted the computer and created a new PT session - no joy. Shut down PT and dump prefs with the Gates utility - no joy. Did a reinstall of Synthmaster 2 from my archives - still no joy. Dragged in the aax plugin from my OSX 10.8.5 partition and that worked. Right clicked in the Synthmaster gui and found I didn't have the latest version (at least the one in my ML partition was old). So I clicked to get the update. While that was downloading I checked and somehow or other my PT audio got changed to aggregate instead of my 11 Rack. Changed that. Quit PT and installed the Synthmaster update. Start the PT session up and all is now well - no more aae 7054.

QAPLA!